Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery in S22+

(Topic created on: 06-01-2024 07:10 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi Everyone

Around a Year ago i changed my old Samsung A50 to S22+ and was expecting much better performance than on the old one. While almost every feature works much smoother, faster and overall better then on A50 I noticed that battery life has decreased significantly. I was hoping that with time my S22 will get better but it didn't. Any tips on prolonging it's battery life?

Best
Max Tum

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

One of the reasons that the S Series has a weaker battery life compared to the A Series is that the S does so much more and these processes are battery hungry.

Things like having your screen on WQHD+ instead of 1080p can use up more battery.

There are so many examples.

I have an A32 5g for work, doesn't get used much, I get a week plus from it.

My S23 Ultra gets hammered. 10 plus hours of screen on time everyday so it gets a charge every day, sometimes twice it I'm really rocking it 🤞

View solution in context

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Anonymous User 

I would suggest to take a look in your Device Care Section under Battery to see what's using your battery and either adjust your preference settings of any apps using significant battery , and or move them to sleep or deep sleep Section. 

Apps are sometimes used in the background which can sometimes be adjusted along with location hungry apps. 

Vampire apps such as Facebook etc can be looked at. 

Turn off nearby scanning. 

Turn off 5G in Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Change mode to 4g/ lte.

Use dark mode. 

Turn off auto screen brightness. 

There are more battery saving tips via a forum search. 

I personally do not Turn features and functions off that bring real user experience to the phone to save a bit of battery battery. 

I Turn off the battery % sign off in the top status bar so my 👀 are nkt drawn to it and enjoy my usage and top up when needed. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-optimise-the-battery-life-on-a-galaxy-smartphone/ 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

One of the reasons that the S Series has a weaker battery life compared to the A Series is that the S does so much more and these processes are battery hungry.

Things like having your screen on WQHD+ instead of 1080p can use up more battery.

There are so many examples.

I have an A32 5g for work, doesn't get used much, I get a week plus from it.

My S23 Ultra gets hammered. 10 plus hours of screen on time everyday so it gets a charge every day, sometimes twice it I'm really rocking it 🤞
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Anonymous User 

I would suggest to take a look in your Device Care Section under Battery to see what's using your battery and either adjust your preference settings of any apps using significant battery , and or move them to sleep or deep sleep Section. 

Apps are sometimes used in the background which can sometimes be adjusted along with location hungry apps. 

Vampire apps such as Facebook etc can be looked at. 

Turn off nearby scanning. 

Turn off 5G in Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Change mode to 4g/ lte.

Use dark mode. 

Turn off auto screen brightness. 

There are more battery saving tips via a forum search. 

I personally do not Turn features and functions off that bring real user experience to the phone to save a bit of battery battery. 

I Turn off the battery % sign off in the top status bar so my 👀 are nkt drawn to it and enjoy my usage and top up when needed. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-optimise-the-battery-life-on-a-galaxy-smartphone/ 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes