Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in the day

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 09:06 PM)
Ultra7
Journeyman
Options
Couple of things I've noticed on my 22 ultra that I don't think work/look as nice as older versions. 
1. Removing the s pen when the screen was locked. You could then write a note which was saved and a reminder and was shown in the top bar when you picked up your phone again to "remind" you of the note you wrote!!
Now you have to open the note (if you remember you wrote it) then save it as a reminder! 
To me that's lame!

2. When you remove the s pen the air command use to be a very nice looking semi circle of ready apps! Not a boring looking Apple Dock!

3. The edge bar is also dull, used to be two rows of app pairs! Now that's an extra! 
The s22 ultra cost me over £1000 pounds so asking me for an extra £1.46 for an add on, that was free before!! WTF?

Besides that, it's a beautiful piece of jewellery 😍
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's a balance of what to put into the software to what people use.
What one person thinks is great, another won't like it.
You can pin the Note to the always on display. When you are ready, you can reopen it.

Not sure about the Apple Dock bit, but the S Pen menu I think has been designed like this to be clearer and easier to use.

The edge bar on my phone has two rows of apps running down side by side. So not sure why yours doesn't

As with all phones, the software is a compromise to try and be suitable for everyone to be happy to use.
Personally I prefer a more business like look.
But this is the One UI style
I will put up with this happily compared to the old touchwiz laggy software.

You can always download Samsung Goodlock. Maybe customization features that you can use to get a more appealing experience
Ultra7
Journeyman
Options
I've got One UI 4.1
My Note 8 runs One UI 1 with the two rows edge apps.
0 Likes
Member_171622
Explorer
Options
Y
0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
You can change the air command style using the good lock app. Click on the Family option and select pentastic from the list. There are 5 styles available including the retro one you are on about.
carlosgls
First Poster
Options
I wondered why I bought s 22 ultra . I was so happy with Note 8 .
0 Likes