Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Awful S22 Ultra battery life still in 2023

(Topic created on: 11-03-2023 05:59 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

This is actually only device I own, no laptop etc, I rely on it and I'm frustrated. It may be a trust world problem but I've paid a lot for it. 

SM-S908B.  The battery drains very quickly since I bought it, I've had the phone since the S22 Ultra came out, I couldn't degrade the battery that much. Optimize this and that: optimized all applications and prevented those that drain a lot of energy.  System and OneUi draw a lot, Google Play Services...All possible settings that consume battery but 6% of battery in less than 15 min and in safe mode.  4h SOT, almost 7 h off screen. So many updates and still no solution. Of course Exynoss here. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Some of the worst things for eating batteries

Screen brightness
The worst tend to involve anything that uses a signal i.e mobile network, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS etc the weaker the signal the more power it needs
Playing Games
Listening to music
Watching videos
Background Apps running
Monitoring Apps

You can reduce battery drain by switching off what you are not using
e.g turn off WiFi when out and about (just means switching back on when you need it)
Turn off NFC if you don't use it e.g to pay etc
Turn of Bluetooth if your not using it
Uninstall or disable apps you don't need or use

I also change privacy settings in the phone and apps to stop the monitoring and sending data which can cause a lot of background usage using battery and data

I also change me mobile network from auto to manual so it fixes to my network instead of constantly scanning. (When in another country Auto is better as it connects to any network)

Just a few things I think of to improve battery but there will be lots more tips and tricks to extend battery life.

It's a case of developing your own habits and usage so you get the best from your battery

I'm a heavy user and tend to use around 10% per hour but it does vary depending on what I'm doing

I hope this helps

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
How many vampire apps do have .... you know the ones that love eating batteries

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to hear your disappointed with your phone's battery life @Adi0 

I too own the Exynos soc version of the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra purchased directly from Samsung UK.

The battery optimisation has been fine on my phone.

But that said battery life , usage stats is a subjective topic as we all use our phone's differently, set them up differently,  use different apps / launchers and use them very differently.

For example I turn off very little in the way of features, and have a handful of apps in sleep and deep sleep mode.

Some apps I don't want / need regular notifications from so I tweak some of their preferences settings.

With my own unique usage pattern which involves booting the phone up at 5am until 9pm when it's powered down I have around 40% battery 🔋 left.

I don't game.

I'm also at work through the day from 8am to 5pm so I'm not constantly on my phone apart from to check emails , take a few calls , reply to messages and check my social media thought out my working day.  

I use the phone from 5am to 7:30am to check various sites. YouTube etc.

In my lunch break I use it more.

I have Samsung Galaxy Buds Live hooked up while commuting to and from work and I have a Samsung Gear s³ Frontier Watch hooked up via Bluetooth in the time period I mentioned above.

This is just to give you a snapshot of my typical usage but isn't an exhausted insight.

I'm aware you know how to troubleshoot your phone as your not a novice so maybe have a Samsung Service Centre take a look to assess the phone and it's battery. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Some of the worst things for eating batteries

Screen brightness
The worst tend to involve anything that uses a signal i.e mobile network, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS etc the weaker the signal the more power it needs
Playing Games
Listening to music
Watching videos
Background Apps running
Monitoring Apps

You can reduce battery drain by switching off what you are not using
e.g turn off WiFi when out and about (just means switching back on when you need it)
Turn off NFC if you don't use it e.g to pay etc
Turn of Bluetooth if your not using it
Uninstall or disable apps you don't need or use

I also change privacy settings in the phone and apps to stop the monitoring and sending data which can cause a lot of background usage using battery and data

I also change me mobile network from auto to manual so it fixes to my network instead of constantly scanning. (When in another country Auto is better as it connects to any network)

Just a few things I think of to improve battery but there will be lots more tips and tricks to extend battery life.

It's a case of developing your own habits and usage so you get the best from your battery

I'm a heavy user and tend to use around 10% per hour but it does vary depending on what I'm doing

I hope this helps

AnaSeregor
Journeyman
Options

I have an Samsung Galaxy s20 and the battery used to last almost 6h (wich it's bad itself too) but now after the last update it lasts like 4h and i literally tried  a n y t h i n g  and nothing worked. Hope that they'll will fix it with a new update, i don't have enough money to buy a new battery lol.

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Battery changes sbluld be around 53 €. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes