Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Auto Rotate completely missing

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 06:29 AM)
Dmags
First Poster
Options

I need help! I noticed a couple months ago that my auto rotate is missing. The icon is no longer in the drop down panel anywhere. I even searched through settings. No where! The auto rotate is gone. I can't rotate barely anything. Pictures, YouTube...  what do I do?  How do I get it back??

None of the things I googled helped me locate it either. I've never seen this before on any of my phones. I've had this phone less than a year. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Look for icon called Potrait in the Quick Panel. When you enable it, it turns on Auto rotate.

Screenshot_20230617_075642_Samsung Internet.jpg

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Look for icon called Potrait in the Quick Panel. When you enable it, it turns on Auto rotate.

Screenshot_20230617_075642_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
If its completely gone from the drop down

- drop down the menu, click the 3dots, (top right corner), and click edit buttons.

If the option has been removed, it'll be under there.Screenshot_20230617_093601_Samsung Members.jpg
Members_rUca5lI
First Poster
Options

Nice thanks. It works. This ***** changed auto rotate into portrait/auto-rotate instead of autorotate on/off.

I waisted 1h looking for this option because of this ridiculous change. Auto rotate means auto rotate it's obvious and intuitive you switch it on and off. So why change one button to have two different names depending on the option currently on it is so confusing!

Chuck960
First Poster
Options

This is one of the dumbest things. Press a button and the button name changes so that you can never find it again.

0 Likes
Michatodd
Student
Options

Thank you for answering that question.  Same thing happened to me, and clearly Samsung isn't one for intuitiveness. That has to be the dumbest functionality processes ever. What is the point of having a button change its icon to something not resembling auto rotation? That function clearly needs to be changed. 

Neo001
Legend
Options

It is actually 3 different modes - Potrait, Landscape (when the phone is in landscape mode and if you turn off Auto rotate, you will see Landscape) and Auto Rotate. 😀

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

It actually represent modes - potrait/landscape/auto rotate. They could have called it mode or something to make it generic.

On a side note, depending upon what phone you have, in Home Screen settings, there is an option called Rotate to landscape mode. When enabled, phone shows an icon on which you can click to change the screen mode from portrait to landscape.

1000037222.jpg

1000037220.jpg

0 Likes
WATSON111505
First Poster
Options

Saved my life.  Thank you.