Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied April update and USB issue

(Topic created on: a month ago)
PabloFabulo
Student
Options
I recently applied tge April update to my s22 and now USB connection to Windows laptop, it doesn't recognise the phone anymore, I've tried this on two different laptops running win 10. Has any else experienced this or can help? Thanks 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Odd you mention it but yes, past two days I couldn't connect my ZFold4 to Windows 10, seems USB debugging had somehow been disabled.

Unsure if it was anything to do with recent updates, but usually the problem.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try to reset the settings of the USB port of your phone. To do this, go to Applications and  Activate "Show system applications"  by tapping the 3 lines to the right of Your Apps, select ok. 

JAMES4578_1-1713903913688.jpeg

Find the USB settings app and in storage, delete the cache and data. Restart the device and see if that makes a difference.

However you may need to set  a default via Developer Options? Developer Options-Default USB Configuration, Transferring Files.
If Developer options not set up Go to Settings-About Phone and tap Build Number 7 times. Will need to enter password ,Pin or Pattern at this point. See more details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-....

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

PabloFabulo
Student
Options
Thanks James , I already had developer mode enabled and as you suggested I cleared cache and data. Still laptop cannot connect, but it does charge. I am using the original Samsung cable and the phone is only 5 months old.