Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else notice samsung keyboard not learning new words?

(Topic created on: 26-07-2023 11:14 AM)
Princelee
Explorer
Options
So I've been using my Samsung for about a years and a half now and I've noticed throughout that time my autocorrect has gotten worst its like all my usual words I use aren't being remembered by the keyboard there isn't even an option to turn on anymore am I missing something? 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have moved to Google gboard as Samsung keyboard is a bit hit and miss.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Princelee 

I have come across my Samsung Keyboard showing sone words I'm sure I've not used before, or misspellings but that may just be me and not recalling.

It would show up words it thinks you would need to use in the sentence your writing. 

However it does remember my most used words.

What do you mean by " there isn't even an option to turn on anymore am I missing something ? "

If you mean turning on Predictive Text then it should be available via on your Samsung Keyboard tap on the ⚙️ icon and Predictive Text should be there to Toggle On.

You can elect to reset your keyboard to default settings in the same section but this will delete any saved words and text shortcuts etc.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Princelee
Explorer
Options
Hi what i mean was there was an option where gourmet learned words used to be and I don't see that option anymore for some reason it's just not learning my words I use I already have auto predict on the issue is it'd predicting the wrong words because it's not learning the words I use
0 Likes
Satguru
First Poster
Options
Totally. There is a reasonably long set of common words it automatically changes, like but to bit, but unlike Windows no number of corrections to the right word which it offers as an alternative stops it always switches to the wrong one, in at least one case one which isn't even a real word. I presume the auto correct hasn't been programmed to evolve which is a pretty retrograde action.
0 Likes