Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Any one ui 6.1 problems on s22?

(Topic created on: 02-05-2024 09:02 PM)
RahinS94
Pioneer
Options
Hi all,

Before I update, just wondering if anyone has had any issues after updating their s22 series to ui 6.1? 
Been hearing lots of good and bad experiences so not sure which one will happen
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
I don't think their's been anyone updating to ui 6.1 with the S22 series as it's not expected till May sometime if it does come then.
RahinS94
Pioneer
Options
Ohh ok thanks mate
0 Likes
ImNotEnoch
First Poster
Options

Nope, still haven't got the update.

0 Likes
Viersche
Apprentice
Options

My s22 ultra has been losing mobile network signals for the last 3 months now because of the ui update, most others have the same issue or the rebooting problem and samsung's basically just ignoring us at this point

Soring17
Student
Options

after the last update ui 6.1 the phone heats up in the upper part to the left of the cameras and goes into protection and stops.  the battery lasts much less

Ut_bhardwaj
First Poster
Options

I can also vouch for this problem. Basically the battery is behaving like it used to in the late 2022.
Additionally, Samsung has withdrawn the update from the S22 line-up because of various other problems. 

Anyone interested to know, can refer to this link 

0 Likes
Members_G8W9Zp3
First Poster
Options

Do you know whether it is safe to upgrade now?
I have heard of those:
Performance Slowdown: Some users have noticed that their Galaxy S22 Ultra became extremely slow after the One UI 6.1 update. The new AI features seem to be taking a toll on performance, despite efforts to optimize battery usage.

Battery Behavior: The battery behavior has been a concern. It appears to behave similarly to how it did in late 2022, leading to reduced battery life.

Network Signal Loss: Users of the S22 Ultra have reported mobile network signal loss over the past three months due to the UI update. Additionally, some users experience rebooting problems.

Yellow Tint on Screen: After the update, some users noticed a yellow tint on their screens.

Withdrawn Update: Samsung has officially confirmed that the One UI 6.1 update for the Galaxy S22 series was taken off the air due to issues with some units failing to boot or unlock.

Other Bugs: There have been reports of other issues, such as a red ‘delete’ box remaining on the phone after restarting and settings becoming less accessible.

0 Likes
SirStar
Apprentice
Options
Since Sunday or Monday my s22 has been having MAJOR! Reboot loops, more common when wifi is toggled on, less common when mobile data is on. I had to buy a new phone. And I'm now paranoid it's gonna do it to the new one too. Why the hell would they force an update knowing how many people are having these issues? 😴
0 Likes