Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android auto unable to connect wirelessly after update to UI 6

(Topic created on: 07-12-2023 07:50 AM)
dimpeev
First Poster
Options

Good day, 

The night before I as dumb enough to update my s22 ultra to the new One UI 6. In the new features it was not mentioned that my android auto will stop working when trying to connect wirelessly. And it was working ok before the update. And my last android auto app update was in november, so there was no new update to blame. Deleting the cache, the data or even the whole app does not fix the problem. When using cable connection, it works fine.

So for Christmas i have only one wish this year - please fix your phones...if you can.

I hope you will start testing your new releases before releasing them. I dont have subscription for beta testing.

Best Regards :smiling-face:

28 REPLIES 28
spain1942
First Poster
Options
Discard foreign language
0 Likes
Members_3hmLXSm
Student
Options

Absolutely the same here! Cable - ok, wireless - 1 in 10 attempts and even this is conditional and usually crashes after a while.

S22Ultra
Android 14
OneUI 6.0 -problem appeared after update to UI 6.0, no update in vehicle at that time
Error messages on vehicle unit: "Connection to [phone name] lost/disconnected"
Error messsages on cell phone: none
SW S908BXXU6DWK4
Android Auto 10.8.634424
Google Play Services 23.45.23
AA Wireless malfunctioning (cable connection mostly ok)

Edit: Spotify does not show interface on infotainment - no vehicle controls work with Spotify (no next/prev on steering wheel, volume control works but this is an infotainment feature)
Edit 2: phone calls dialled but no ringing tone and no audio when connected, even with cable

All was fine before update to One UI 6.0 as I was driving the car a couple of times that day before I updated to UI 6.0 around dusk and then when I was driving in the evening, all the problems emerged. No update of vehicle software on that day.

Edit3: seems to return to normal operation under some conditions with AA version ...624 

Edit 4: I have two very same models of a vehicle, one is 2021, the other 2023. My wife has S22+. She is usually late with updates and her One UI 5.x works fine on both. My S22 Ultra works now on the older one, has still problems on the 2023 manufacture. Connections are hit or miss, mostly miss, when it connects, it works sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes few seconds, upon phonecall it disconnects. So, with my UI 6.0 i have problems, my wife with her UI 5.x does not. Go figure the cause... (sarcasm)
Sassaron
Student
Options

Exactly same for me. 😞

Members_v6zNfRc
Student
Options

Exactly same Android auto does not work with wireless. It works with cable .very disappointed 

Members_DUW8arF
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me,Skoda Kodiaq.

Members_KbybRKa
First Poster
Options

I have same issue, same day before the update all worked properly.

Description:
Wireless Android Auto keeps cyclically connecting and disconnecting. After few minutes (and 20+ connections/disconnections) it might succeed to connect but after few seconds or minutes it will again disconnect and keep connecting and disconnecting (with message "connection lost").

I tried to:
1) Clear Cache and Data - NOK
2) Uninstall updates and Install latest stable version from Google Play (10.8.634424) - NOK
3) Delete BT/WiFi pairing in the car head unit - NOK
4) Delete BT/WiFi pairing in the car head unit and in the Phone - NOK
5) Restart BT/Wifi modules by renaming Car BT and Car WiFi HotSpot in the car head unit - NOK
6) Connect it via cable - OK 🙂 (but not a long-term solution obviously)

• Phone: SGS22 Ultra, after update to OneUI6
  • Error message: N/A
  • Car / head unit make & model: Skoda Kodiaq 2023 (Volkswagen Group)
  • Android Auto app version: 10.8.634424
  • Google Play services version: 23.44.14
  • Type of connectivity (Wired / Wireless): wireless (cable works OK)
Feuerknochen
First Poster
Options

Exactly same for me. Skoda Scala 2023 😞

0 Likes
g0nzo4president
First Poster
Options

Might be it is Skoda unit issue and we are waiting for some update from Skoda (VAG) to support changes in One UI 6.0 ?

I have Skoda Kodiaq 2023 with the same issue.

0 Likes
Sassaron
Student
Options

For me it happens with a VW Touran

0 Likes