Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 battery killer

(Topic created on: 27-08-2023 01:52 PM)
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Since downloading 5.1 my battery needs charging more than before I haven't changed any settings 🙃 
9 REPLIES 9
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Another affected by recent software updates 😅😅😅 samsung are BS
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What does it show in Battery and Device care?
Should give you a list of what is using the battery most
Make sure your apps are upto date, not only in Google play store, but in the Galaxy Gallery app
You can always try wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
I've done a factory reset and will keep a eye on it
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah, mine has been like this since the last two software updates. Samsung should really look at why it's software updates are doing this instead of staying silent like they always do. Just looking at your battery and device care like you always tell people isn't the answer!
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah I had 2 this month thought I was getting 5.1.1 but still 5.1
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For anyone with this issue:

There can be a  bit of Battery drain after updates but it  usually settles down. Wiping the cache partition can help and is advisable after updates.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also repair apps from the same Recovery Menu. This is advisable before a Factory Reset, temporary files are deleted but data is intact.  At times a Factory Reset may be necessary but ensure your Data is backed up before this course of action.

In the event of continuing issues  it would be a good idea to send an Error Report to Samsung. Go to Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Try their error report feedback service, they will 99% of the time fob you off if its actually their issue. Samsung are a disgrace
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
And the reason why they silent is because saying anything will cost them millions! They will not admit to their own mistakes/scam. It will open up a can of worms for them
keith30
Maestro
Options
I don't think we are actually going to get the 5.1.1 instead just moving straight over to the Ui 6 Android 14. The 5.1.1 is starting to hit the tablets now. Nobody seem to know what Samsung are doing as they don't communicate with their customers and it's mainly down to Sammobile.com for any information released.
0 Likes