Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22Ultra No notifications across the board.

(Topic created on: 27-10-2023 11:02 PM)
Astronomyphilly
Journeyman
Options
Well, as it says after the most recent update I noticed YouTube didn't seem to be giving notifications although they are there in the app itself, if you go look.

Then my wife, who happened to need me quite urgently. Nothing from WhatsApp, messaging apps, email etc. Until she called I wasn't aware, she can't always call for reasons.

Now I'm aware of the issue it is across the board, from Spotify to email to any system app you like, goose egg.

I've tried all of it, from cache and data, all the usual suspect settings and hard reset. Nothing. They just will not work.

It's pretty much a useless brick at this point. First real issue I've had in all my ownership, bar this been fantastic.

Any ideas, at all?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
When you say a hard reset, do you mean a factory reset?
If you've checked all your notification settings in your apps and the phone system settings as well. Consider wiping the cache partition too. Maybe even just restarting your phone a couple of times. If you haven't done that already of course.
0 Likes
Astronomyphilly
Journeyman
Options
Factory yes.

Tried it all, clearing the cache, trawled every setting, uninstall, install, this, that, the lot.
Nothing works, it just refuses to give notifications no matter what.

I'm completely baffled.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
This is that particular time when it's great to be hands on with the device. There should be more physical stores where somebody with a problem can just walk in off the street and get it sorted.
0 Likes
Astronomyphilly
Journeyman
Options
I agree, especially for such an expensive device.
That said, it has been flawless up until this particular update, now it is quite literally unusable and junk.

If I solve it or someone else does I'll be sure to let you know, I'm not the only one with this issue it seems.
0 Likes
snowyhazel34
First Poster
Options
Hi
My S22 did an update on 22nd Oct and now keeps turning itself off at random moments continuously. I'm also stuck with how to reselove this issue. It won't let me reinstall the previous settings/update. Not heard anything back from Samsung either
0 Likes
Astronomyphilly
Journeyman
Options
Ok so I've a slight update.

Literally just a few moments ago a bunch of notifications came in randomly, banking app, here and a Gmail one.

I've changed and done absolutely nothing, was browsing a news article and in they came. These are from days to near a week ago.

I've gone through the power saving, data usage, background, unrestricted etc and it's all as should be.

As the previous poster mentioned these issues have all appeared around the latest update, it's completely broken things.

Worth noting that every other app hasn't given a notification yet, just these three that randomly came through.

Properly frustrated now.
0 Likes
Astronomyphilly
Journeyman
Options
This updat seems to have broken things for quite a few if you do some searching. It's definitely a software or settings issue if you haven't dropped or damaged the phone. Samsung needs to fix this, it's a £1500 brick at this point.
0 Likes