Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 03:02 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A few procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

Whilst in Recovery mode you can also select the option to, "Repair apps", in case you are experiencing app issues.

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on all S21 series devices...

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well, which can be found in the, "Good Guardians", app in the App drawer of Android 12.
(If you do not have Good Guardians in the App drawer, it can be downloaded from the Samsung Store)

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

Galaxy App Booster

Galaxy App Booster 12.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
24 REPLIES 24
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Whilst i do not have the S21 ,I can confirm that the Galaxy Apps Booster appears to work well. See more here https://itnext.io/magic-trick-of-galaxy-app-booster-684e1984576e

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Thanks @JAMES4578

I was looking for that article earlier and could not find it. Have now included it in my original post. 

Cheers!

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ironass  oh right, glad to have been of some help :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I use the app booster app but I honestly can't tell if it really does help me much without it. When I first got my S21 Ultra I had very good SoT times of 10h+. Not really seen any difference after using the booster in performance or endurance. I use it anyway but even still it's hard for me to gauge its effectiveness.
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Ive today seen a noticeable speed increase after using the app booster! (S21 ultra, exynos 512gb...if that matters)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly very positive @GusB , glad to hear it! :smiling-face:

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Thanks for the feedback @GusB 

As I mention in post #1, it is my, "go to", procedures after any update.

They will not fix corrupt or incorrect settings or apps that have not been updated by their developers for Android 11 in the Play Store, (there are lots of those), but it does increase the device's performance for a lot of users. 

App Booster in particular, is so easy to use and does not affect your data.

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Have updated post #1 of this thread to reflect the changes in Android 12.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I also do repair apps after wipe cache which is in the same menu below wipe cache.