Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 series software issue

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 11:28 AM)
Big_Daddy_B
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone! I hope someone has a fix for me. I'm in the US on AT&T.

I bought a Galaxy S21 a few days ago and set it up and I updated it right to One UI 4. The phone ended up being too small for me so I exchanged it for the S21 Plus. I set up the phone and, not only will it not update to One UI 4, it's also telling me that the April 1, 2021 security patch that it's on is the current software version for my phone. 

I have a Note 20 Ultra that's on November 1 security patch. And my S21 got the November 1 security patch before it updated to One UI 4. 

I've spoken to AT&T and heard a few different ideas about what the problem is. Three people said the phone isn't communicating properly with the server which is causing a glitch. They assured me that they pushed the update to my phone which hasn't happened yet. The other person I talked to assured me that my phone is on the current software version and everything is okay. 

I've factory reset the phone multiple times. I set it up again multiple times in all different ways. ie, restored from backup, transferred my data from my old phone wirelessly and via cable, set it up without restoring at all. Nothing seems to work. I've also tried the little tricks like going to a couple systems apps and clearing the cache and data. I've also wiped the cache in recovery mode. 

Im fresh out of ideas and options.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try going to Settings
Biometrics and security
And click on
Google Play system update
And see if will update
0 Likes
Big_Daddy_B
First Poster
Options

I just tried that and there's no newer update than the August Google play system update which it has.

0 Likes
Ng84
First Poster
Options

Following this thread. I recieved my brand new S21 Ultra yesterday. It's still on Android 11 and one ui 3.1 and its telling me I'm all up to date. Last security patch is showing as May 2021. Tried everything. Even hooked it up to my PC using smartswitch and I'm still getting told the phone is up to date. 

0 Likes
Big_Daddy_B
First Poster
Options

So it's not just me then. What's so frustrating to me is my S21 updated to One UI 4 immediately. And even my Note 20 Ultra is on the November 1 security patch. 

What carrier are you with?

0 Likes