Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 12:49 PM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

156 REPLIES 156
Damienw1
Pathfinder
Options

I had same issue called Ee and asked them to reset on the network which they did then carrier update came straight through and all was good 

Andyg1989
Student
Options

Who did you speak to at ee? Did you have to call technical help or just the usual customer services? 

0 Likes
Damienw1
Pathfinder
Options
I just called the normal 150 I think I pushed the option for technical support but I think any of them can do it
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options

I'm now on BTU, folks. Looks like a bit of patience is needed. I woke up this morning to a service provider update, rebooted and Samsung pay etc now working. I just eft my phone on as normal, didn't do anything to trigger it.

NiKRuLeZ
Navigator
Options

This 'service provider update' that everyone eventually seems to be getting ... is this a proper android firmware update or just a network setting update??

Also how long did it take in total for you to receive this update?

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options
Network update, just took a few days
0 Likes
NiKRuLeZ
Navigator
Options

Ah right okay, did you leave your phone connected to mobile network or wifi?

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options
It was on WiFi
0 Likes
kkayadi
Journeyman
Options

That didn't work for me but the following did....

Delete WiFi settings...

Removed sim...

Restart phone (not power off)..

Enter pin... (if u set one previously)..

Insert sim...

I'm on o2, and it asked to install carrier settings, after this the csc was set to O2U/O2U,O2U/EUX/O2U

Samsung pay now works, and is in English 👌

Solution
kkayadi
Journeyman
Options

I'm on o2 in UK, samsung pay didn't work and was in german... I did the following..

Delete WiFi settings in settings/reset....

Removed sim..

Restarted phone (not power off)..

Enter pin..  

Re insert sim...

Allow carrier updates..

Samsung pay now works,, in English also 👌

And can do the software updates also