Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 08:50 AM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

156 REPLIES 156
LewisCra
Explorer
Options
Sorry to say that I must have got extremely lucky. I turned off both phones, then moved the sim over and started the S21 Ultra. Virgin sent me a text saying "we're about to send you messages that will set up your phone for Internet and picture messaging" (data).

After a while some options came up which I confirmed.

After all this I checked and Samsung Pay worked correctly, I checked the csc using phone info and it had changed.

At a push when your sim is in the new phone, do you have that data connection? maybe that's an important factor in verifying the phones location.
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

What sim did you set the phone up with ? Seen your thread on XDA .... this seems a massive issue problem is if people send their devices back to Samsung they have to return the free headphones and tag .... Samsung need to sort this I’ve tweeted them to ask them to look at this thread this is embarrassing for such a expensive handset 🤦‍♂️

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Are people who are getting this issue setting up on wifi or data from the network ?? 

this is normally triggered when someone uses no sim and can’t be reversed 

0 Likes
Solution
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

OK guys,

I've solved the issue for me, try this:

1. Turn off WiFi.
  2. Remove SIM.
  3. Power Off (not reboot).
  4. Insert SIM.
  5. Power On.
  6. Enter Pin Code.

Network settings message should appear less than a minute after starting up.

I'll admit I did use Samfirmware to install the latest firmware yesterday, this didn't fix it but may have been a factor.

mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

I’m gonna set mine up without wifi when it lands just in case this is the issue 

at least then I know the phone is picking up a uk network 

0 Likes
LewisCra
Explorer
Options
Glad you were able to resolve, sounds like a similar solution to myself.
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Did you initially set up with wifi ? What network are you on Lewis ? 

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

You should not be on a  EUX CSC if you have completed the full set-up of the device with the SIM card installed.  

If you do continue to experience any issues with Samsung Pay do post in the Community and include in your post: 

• Model code
  • Service provider SW version
    • About Phone > Software > Service provider SW version
  • Retailer
  • Network operator

We must highlight that you should not attempt to change the CSC of your device and risk triggering in-built security that may impact your warranty status and prevent you from getting official updates from Samsung.

We know Samsung Pay is important and would really like to understand this better and monitor and share your feedback with the Samsung Pay team.

Thanks, ^SachikoT

Members_UwLicB6
Apprentice
Options

You sir win the Internet for the week not just today ! 

I was up until 5.30am this morning trying to work this out.

What I did as my phone was reset anyway was, turn it off with the sim  in sim slot 2. reset it again and it worked  :smiling-face: gone to UK  and Samsung pay works. Works in sim slot one as well now. 

And now there is an update on the phone as well.

Thank you so much 

Members_UwLicB6
Apprentice
Options

I think it's all down to not having your existing sim in the phone when you set it up. Really silly to allow this to even happen some people won't know what to do and Samsung will be getting a load of returns.