Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 08:15 AM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

156 REPLIES 156
Co-amox
Journeyman
Options

Hi I am literally in the exact same position! S21 ultra delivered in the UK direct from Samsung, Samsung Pay error in german and I've also got the EUX CSC instead of BTU. I have spent hours online trying to find a solution but I am at a loss. I also tried to factory reset phone with sim re-inserted to no avail. I don't know how to change CSC to UK unbranded either and am so frustrated! Have you tried to contact Samsung directly? Im unable to get through

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@GMScribe @Co-amox 

hello,

UK has EUA

Germany has EUB

Italy has EUE

EUX is Unknown yet

you may reach out to Samsung Pay team to have this ironed out

https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/

Samsung Pay Helpline: 0330 726 7729

cheers😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Members_UwLicB6
Apprentice
Options

I've been trying for hours im in the same boat UK but it thinks it's  a German phone EEA (Europe) / DE ! So ANNOYED RIGHT NOW 4AM 

Can anything be done ?

Members_UwLicB6
Apprentice
Options

What do you mean EUX  is unknown ? I've got on in the UK so what I've got a "special phone ultra that don't works with samsung pay and god knows what else.

Nothing to do with samsung pay it's d

To do with samsung mucking up the code for UK or sending the wrong phones to the wrong region 

LewisCra
Explorer
Options

Hey, exact same issue here. Samsung Pay giving me a German "Samsung pay does not work on this device", can't even attempt to download the UK Samsung Pay. 

Devastated, would have thought I could trust Samsung to send the correct phone when I order directly from them using the upgrade plan. My first chat with support suggested I could get it repaired as part of the warranty, which is a terrible solution.

Glad to see I'm not the only one though, guess we will all be spending hours on calls in the near future, cheers Samsung UK.

0 Likes
Co-amox
Journeyman
Options

I'm sorry but repair under is not good enough. Surely a software update could solve this? Also I refuse to accept my device of 1 day requires a repair, if that's the case we should be able to request an exchange at the very least. Failing that I would be returning my device for a refund. Such a shame because itc seems to be working great apart from this issue.

0 Likes
LewisCra
Explorer
Options

I actually managed to fix this, moving my sim over actually resolved the issue after waiting a while for virgin to set up the signal.

My csc is now set to BTU with UK & Ireland.

Not sure if that's the same as other people's issues. Maybe they've changed the way they handle setup now. 

0 Likes
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

Exactly what steps did you take? I've tried SIMs from Vodafone and Tesco, I've left them in over night and have tried reboot and factory reset with them in and I've tried SIM slot 1 and 2 as well.

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

moving my sim over

how do you mean ? I know EUX can trigger when you set the phone up with no sim I’ve come a cropper with that .... mine is en route so want to be armed with information should the worst happen