Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL DEVICES - Android 11 WiFi issue bypass.

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 07:47 PM)
SeanFatal12
Journeyman
Options
**FIX AT THE BOTTOM OF MY LITTLE STORY**

Hey everyone, 

This is for anyone, on any devices.

I wanna give you all a little tip, that I've found solves the issue mentioned above far better than anything Samsung recommends. 

No, I do not work for Samsung, Google or any other mobile company, I'm just a basic IT professional from the UK who happened to notice this.

If you have this perpetual issue of your WiFi randomly switching itself off for absolutely no reason at all and you're sick to death of being told to reset everything (then have it make no difference at all), then I'm happy to tell you I can help. I've tried EVERY recommended fix and even had the connections board (the board inside your phone that house the WiFi, Bluetooth and USB connectors) replaced by Samsung and nothing has worked. 

However, today while my WiFi was refusing to stay turned on, I tried something... as an IT professional I knew that the mobile tethering feature built into android would require my WiFi to be turned on in order for it to work.. LIGHTBULB.... the following works a treat!

1. Set your mobile tether network on your phone to never disconnect or timeout.

2. Set the connection as a hidden network, and make a complicated password to prevent anyone connecting to your device with your permission. 

3. Finally, turn on mobile tethering and watch your WiFi reconnect as normal and most importantly STAY connected! 

Please feel free to test and leave a comment advising which device you tested it on and what the outcome was, here is mine:

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G - grey
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Worstphoneever
Journeyman
Options

Haha wow dude I just tried this and I'm yet to know how stable my wifi is but it's allowed me to stay connected/only connect to 5ghz wifi which is what I was wanting.

These phones such at wifi bouncing between 2.4 and 5ghz and I realized that is what has been causing my problems or at least is part of the issue.

It'll probably make the phone use even more power is my only concern but see how it goes.. 

0 Likes
SeanFatal12
Journeyman
Options
To be honest, I haven't noticed a big increase in battery usage.
0 Likes