Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update or a scam

(Topic created on: 06-12-2023 03:35 PM)
majcd
First Poster
Options
I recenrly got scammed in facebook and since tgen have been really thoroughly down thexrabbit hole. I now dont know what to trut. Also suspect Samsung account hacked- I got an unexpected overseas call (unanswered) after I was trying to change my password... And now I have an unrecognised software update in my drop down notifications that wont clear. How can I tell if a software update is really samsung?
Anyone know how to check samsung account security?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
mason15
First Poster
Options
Try this1701882540329.jpg1701882540392.jpg1701882540409.jpg
0 Likes
mason15
First Poster
Options
To check that your software is official, if not, that may be a risk to your account
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@majcd  If you do not see a notification regarding a software update can check it is genuine by heading to settings,any real software updatates will be shown here.

However if you  have general concerns your Samsung Device automatically  runs Diagnostic checks.   you can Manually check for threats by going to  Device care-Device protection  and running a scan via the Built in McAfee if this is enabled.  can also run scans on the Apps via Settings-Security and Privacy- Device Protection and Google play Protect.

To  give the maximum protection from viruses and malware  keep operating system and Apps up to date, install an Ad Blocker, avoid installing  apps outwith the Galaxy and Google stores  and do not install third party apps from unknown sources.  It is also advisable to use strong passwords/password Manager ,avoid clicking on unfamiliar links on texts/emails and never use unsecure wifi.

Signs of Hacking would include unrecognised messages/calls on your Device/apps on your Device and high Data usage.  problematic apps can be removed in safe Mode. see more information here https://www.samsung.com/Signs of Hacking 

If serious concerns it would be necesary to factory reset and change passwords.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

majcd
First Poster
Options
I dont have a "device protection" or "google play ptotect" headings under settings- security and privacy ?
0 Likes
skyray29
Journeyman
Options
I have been charged £53.89 by BB SAMSUNG SHWALBACH DE, Any idea?
0 Likes