Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen edge has crumbled away in 3 spots

(Topic created on: 17-08-2021 10:44 AM)
LunaLovegood83
Student
Options
Bought my S20 FE only a few months ago. I always look after my phones, I don't fling them about. About 2 weeks ago, I went and got a new screen protector put on and the day after, a part of the beveled edge of the screen had chipped away. A couple of days after that, it happened again in a new spot. Yesterday I noticed another at the top edge of the screen. I haven't even used my phone, I picked it up and saw it. Can someone help me understand what is going on? It's all happened since I got a screen protector which makes no sense! 
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@LunaLovegood83: This is a bit of a difficult one to diagnose, unfortunately. If it's a third party screen protector then it may be due to a compatibility issue relating to the materials or adhesive, or it may have been applied incorrectly. What I'd suggest is reaching out to an Experience Store or Support Centre near you to arrange an engineers inspection, as a hands on approach would be best in this situation. You can find your nearest one by following the link below, selecting Mobile Device > Phones, Tablets and Wearables, and entering your post code. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

LunaLovegood83
Student
Options
Thankyou very much for your help. I'll definitely do that.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I took my phone to a guy in the local mall. He fitted a screen protector that's marvelous. The edge is shaped at 45 degrees and fits perfectly. It's quite thick. Of you live near Huddersfield in the uk, just go to the King Street mall. He has a stall in the middle. No idea what make this protector is but it's the best ever.
0 Likes