Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 FE 5G Screen Pattern Forgot

(Topic created on: 27-07-2023 07:39 PM)
GauravA
Apprentice
Options

Hello All,

I am using Samsung S20 FE 5G for long time. Recently I changed my screen pattern. Most of time I unlock phone using biometrices. After 72 hour it asked for patten to enter for verification. I somehow forgot new pattern. Phone got locked. 

I tried multiple patterns but unable to unlock. Now it is not accepting biometrics also. I tried restarting but no help. Now it is showing "Too many incorrect unlock attempts" and asking to wait for 24 hours to unlock phone. 

I have Samsung and Google account user id and password for phone, but it is not resolving the issue. I tried Samsung Find my mobile, but it is showing remote unlock is not enabled. So cannot unlock.

Now my phone is allowing to enter one pattern every 24 hours. I do not want to format as I have important data in phone.

Request your support for unlocking phone. I have below questions,

1. Is there any way to unlock phone using any method?
  2. I almost have tried 15-20 patterns. How many trials will it allow? (Note: I have setting disabled for format after 15 wrong patterns)
  3. How many times pattern needs to be entered correctly to unlock phone?
  4. Are there any steps to be followed to clear catch or any other thing so that phone accepts correct pattern?

Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
owenrighthere
Explorer
Options
reset it using adb
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@GauravA 

Have a look at > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-cant-unlock-my-device/ and How-can-i-unlock-my-galaxy-device-if-i-forgot-the-security-pin-pattern-or-password. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GauravA
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. Can you please help with steps details or link ? How to check if ADB is enabled ?

0 Likes
GauravA
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your feedback. I tried it. But unable to resolve issue. Is there any other way ? 

Can you please provide answers to questions in my post ?

Thanking you in advance.

0 Likes
owenrighthere
Explorer
Options
enable usb debugging and then connect your device to pc make sure you have proper drivers installed before you proceed
0 Likes
GauravA
Apprentice
Options

As phone is locked. I am not sure how to enable USB debugging. Can you please help ?

0 Likes
owenrighthere
Explorer
Options
ok so can you try going into recovery mode and then resetting your device
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@GauravA: If the remote unlock feature is disabled in Find My Mobile, and you are unable to remember your verification pattern for biometrics, then I recommend arranging for an authorised engineer to unlock the device for you. You'll need proof of purchase, or a screenshot from Find My Mobile showing your device details, due to the issue being security related. Please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Support, and explore the available contact channels from here, and an advisor will be able to make the necessary arrangements for you. 

0 Likes
PraveenS20FE
Apprentice
Options

@GauravA Did you find a solution for this issue, I'm also facing the same problem, but for me phone is not even accepting the correct PIN which I have been using for 2 years

0 Likes