Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 FE 4G Snapdragon Version?

(Topic created on: 18-06-2021 10:12 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Been looking for a decent second phone that's also reasonably cheap. With a trade in of an old phone being a possibility, alongside a 10% off code and the use of a Samsung+ Card for another 5% the Samsung S20 FE 4G Snapdragon Version that was just related caught my eye (SM-G780G). 

It's almost impossible to find reviews of it or user reports but on paper it could be a winner with the improved processor (Snapdragon 865 over the Exynos 990 version the original 4g had). Also being 4g I'm guessing the battery could be improved over the original. Comes with Android 11 pre installed which will mean it will get a decent amount of future updates too.

Before I'm lured into purchasing one has anyone got their hands on one? 
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When I'm conducting my own research my main go to YouTube reviewer is Flossy Carter.

This is his real review and he likes it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

SteveSwan
Apprentice
Options
Yep, I've got one and it rocks. Battery life is good and I haven't experienced any heating issue as some people reported with the Exynos 990. I'm loving it but obviously your mileage may vary.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Honestly I would pay for the S21 wasn't impressed with the FE at all it got very hot and the battery life was terrible despite having an extra 500 mah over the S21
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Thats the 5g version though? In the photo at least. I'll look the reviewer up after work.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Just that I can get the S20 FE for way cheaper. Also are you talking about the specific model I'm talking about as it sounds like you've had it for a while.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It was an s20 fe 4g I had it for a week
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
When was this week? Just this past week?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No when it first came out
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Oh ok cheers. I'm hoping the new varient will be a step up with the new chip and better optimised with software updates.
0 Likes