Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20fe OTG adapter and Ant+ dongle

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 08:28 PM)
Kevb1978
Apprentice
Options

I have bought a Samsung OTG adapter and Ant+ dongle as I thought I could use this to get my phone to connect to my Garmin HRM strap.

Should the adapter allow the dongle to communicate with the HRM?

If not is there any other way of getting Ant+ to work?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi kevb, from what I've read the strap uses a bluetooth connection but you need to use the app. HRM‍-Dual - Pairing the Heart Rate Monitor with Your Bluetooth Device (garmin.com)

In relation to Ant+, if the phone is capable, you will need to install some plug-ins to get it up and running. See SelfLoops - Tech Guides - How to Enable ANT+ on Android

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Kevb1978
Apprentice
Options

Sorry I meant my wahoo strap which is ant+ along with my speed and cadence sensors on my bike (I use the Zwift app)

My model of s20fe doesn't have ant+ hence why I have bought the adapter and dongle.

Should my set up allow my phone to pick up ant+ signal?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, yes, I would expect it to act as a substitute for the phone not carrying the chip, although it's not something I've tried. I guess you need to install the 3 plugins referred to in the link, to get this running.
0 Likes
Kevb1978
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. Have all 3 apps installed. The adapter and dongle isn't picking up ant+ signals (the dongle has previously worked when plugedd into a laptop)

0 Likes
J thomspon
Student
Options

I know this is an older thread, but I'm curious to know if you ever got your S20 to read ant+. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Kevb1978
Apprentice
Options

Afraid I didn't. I gave up.

My HRM was also Bluetooth so bought Apple TV to connect everything 

J thomspon
Student
Options

Thanks. Saved me some time and money. 

0 Likes