Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 Ultra - Vibrate no longer working after One UI 5/Android 13 update!

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 11:54 AM)
moris888
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Just updated to One UI 5.0 yesterday (Anbroid 13) and noticed that my phone's vibrate function is no longer working (neither calls or messages)! I have already checked the vibration motor function via *#7353# or *#0*#. The phone won't vibrate when running the tests. I started to think that maybe the vibration motor is faulty.

HOWEVER, when I turn on my device, the phone STILL vibrates once when displaying the Samsung logo. So, this means that the vibration motor is still fine but somehow it is not vibrating anymore after updating to One UI 5.

Device model: SM-G988B/DS

HELP anyone?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

What happens when you try to run the diagnostics in the Members app?

How to use Diagnostics in the Samsung Members app on your Galaxy phone | Samsung UK

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
moris888
Journeyman
Options

Hi @SocietyGirl , thank you for your speedy reply! I already ran all the diagnostics tests in the Samsung Members app for the vibrate function. The phone did NOT vibrate at all (neither the Call Vibration or Notification Vibration).

As stated in the original post, it only vibrates ONCE right now (upon display of the Samsung logo during boot/reboot of the device).

0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I'd suggest then, reaching out to @samsunguk on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram then. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
moris888
Journeyman
Options

OK, will do and post update here! Thank you!

0 Likes
moris888
Journeyman
Options

@SocietyGirl Are you a Samsung staff? Are there any Samsung support staff monitoring these Support forums?

0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I am, but the Social Team are best placed to answer your query for sure.

0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I am, but the Social Team are best placed to answer your query for sure.

0 Likes
moris888
Journeyman
Options

OK, will do that and hope for the best!

0 Likes
Solution
moris888
Journeyman
Options

PROBLEM Solved! I actually have an app 'Audio Profiles' installed on my device through which I can very quickly control Sound/Vibrate using pre-defined sound profiles. The vibrate function was turned off in that particular profile I was on at that time yesterday. As soon as I switched to another profile via the 'Audio Profiles' app, the vibrate was BACK! :smiling-face: