Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra not so "Ultra" Green Screen

(Topic created on: 11-11-2023 10:13 PM)
Members_bnARuR6
Apprentice
Options

Having being a Samsung user for many years and to be fair my years have quite enjoyable and have captured many moments and being very reliable. That was up until about a month ago when my S20 Ultra received an update and within 24 hours R.I.P screen with the green screen of death. 

The real annoying thing is it still has a couple months left on a 36 month contract with o2 but after speaking with o2 they have said to contact Samsung but after taking my imei they have advised that the phone would need to be repaired and as they only offer 2 year guarantee even on the Ultra devices I would have to pay for it. 

Absolutely not going to happen, all that will happen is when I upgrade I will look at different brand phones but is there anything that someone who has experienced this problem has managed to fix it? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
I'm with O2 with a contact, what normally I would suggest, if you can is pay off what's left on your contact if you can, then you can upgrade and trade in your old phone but it needs to be working. If not then you'll have to wait for the contact to end. Your not left with many options I'm afraid.
0 Likes
swills9
Voyager
Options
02 passing the buck ! The contract you have is, of course with them,
Samsung say 2 year guarantee, I always thought it was 12 months, but any brand of phone out of warranty will cost to be repaired, I've never had any major issues with Samsung, as for repair, could you take it to one of those independent stores that are on most high streets? S20 still has a lot going for it with SD card etc.
I have an S23 ultra, its good, but still miss the card, did a factory reset a few weeks ago (after a Beta issue) and of course lost all the photos, yes, they are backed up on one drive etc, but that is a real faff
Even thought of selling the 23 and reverting to note 20 ultra!
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Not necessarily most network provider do it at wayas you brought the phone by contact so in details there are lending you the phone until that contact is fully paid for. I do agree the warranty is for 2 years but you'll find it's very hard for you to get them to repair it under the warranty claim as any marks, dents or cracks it will be classed as in they terms void.
0 Likes