Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Fe CONTACT

(Topic created on: 17-08-2023 07:26 PM)
Baldrik01
Explorer
Options
Bought my S20 in November and had no problems, about a month ago it started displaying my sons number when he phones not his name! Anyone help? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Baldrik01: Try removing his contact details from the Contact app, then re-adding him using the number generated in a recent call, to see if this helps. 

1. Contacts app > Press and hold on the contact > Delete

2. Phone app > Recents tab > Tap on his number > Add to contacts > Create new contact, then follow the on-screen prompts. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Try looking in your call settings make sure it's set to show caller ID. In Caller ID and Spam protection
0 Likes
Baldrik01
Explorer
Options
It is set to show caller ID, the strange thing is that it only happens on his number no one else's!!
0 Likes
voltyvic
Explorer
Options
Has he blocked his number / ID on his phone?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Baldrik01: Is it a mobile number, or a landline? If it's a mobile number, have you noticed if it shows up with the region code at the beginning of the number instead of a '0'. If it does, head to the Contacts app, select your son, and check if the number matches. If it doesn't, select Edit > Add phone number, and add the number variant, as this should then display your son's name when he calls you. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Baldrik01
Explorer
Options
It comes up with his full mobile number,not region code. But only him!
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Baldrik01: Try removing his contact details from the Contact app, then re-adding him using the number generated in a recent call, to see if this helps. 

1. Contacts app > Press and hold on the contact > Delete

2. Phone app > Recents tab > Tap on his number > Add to contacts > Create new contact, then follow the on-screen prompts. 

0 Likes