Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Query]Deep Sleeping Apps

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 01:56 PM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Hi, hope everyone having a nice Sunday.

I understand that for the apps which I manually add to 'Deep Sleeping Apps' section, I will not be receiving any notifications but what about the updates? As in if I go to PlayStore My Apps will it still show me when an update is available for all such apps?

11 REPLIES 11
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
yes you should get your updates as and when there ready , most of the time this is done automatically so I wouldn't worry about it
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, apps that are deep sleeping will get updates as normal, as app updates are handled by the Play Store, not the apps themselves.
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

@Shazzkid @pigeonfly Thanks for the clarification guys 👍

0 Likes
Solution
RolandBran
Apprentice
Options

This might be out of date. With android 12 all apps in deep sleep are not getting updates. For example i removed 10 apps from deep sleep and all 10 suddenly started updating in the play store. So if you want your apps up to date, dont deep sleep them. 

onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Yes, you are right mate, apps in deep sleep do not appear in Playstore while their updates are available. I have accepted your comment as solution now. Thanks!

0 Likes
XDMX
First Poster
Options

some very conflicting answers here guys :face-with-tears-of-joy: . which is it? . do deep sleep apps show in play store update list ? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options
No, they will not show up in playstore updates.
0 Likes
Surgtech
First Poster
Options

Interestingly,  though  if the app is in the galaxy store and is deep sleeping it will.....my Outlook was deep sleeping, and wouldn't update thru Google, but it would update thru samsung

0 Likes
Solution
Members_bEswdy1
First Poster
Options

If it's any help, have a look on xda developers site for a programme called runner. It temporarily opens all deep sleeping apps so that playstore can see them and update them.  When done, just close all apps and they will go back being in deep sleep.