Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Working & Missing Features after A11 OUI 3.1 Update

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 07:22 AM)
Pixie-x
Apprentice
Options
Samsung 20FE phone for reference.

After I installed the new software update for Android 11 One UI 3.1 there have been issues that I can't seem to find the answers to or resolve.

I dont think that this is a complete list as I am finding them out as and when I notice a difference or need to use a feature.

My phone behaved differently in this update in that after the installtion, there wasn't a pop-up from Android/Samsung to say that it had been installed or the reminder pop up of what new/differences were installed. Also, my network didn't text or notify me to apply new mms settings (usually my network will send me a message that says "it looks like you have cchanged your sim or uodated you software" and then I would click that to select if I have contract or PAYG and then click the second one that would come for the MMS settings to be applied.Im not sure if this has played a contribution to the below or not.
  • Mobile internet not working. It shows signal and 4g+ or if i switch to 3g then it shows h+. Every app except for Whatsapp says that I'm Offline. I have tried to add an APN as per my networks settings, switch to 2g/3g, contact my network provider reset my phone & factory reset my phone - none have worked. I can currently only connect to the internet via wifi.
  • Call wallpaper no longer present. This is related to the next thing. I can set a new wallpaper but the previous wallpaper I had is nowhere to be found
  • Animations in Samsung Gallery are missing. Samsung Suggestions has made many animations from my photos over the years, now I cant find any of the ones that I've saved. They used to have their own folder but it seems that the new update has removed all of them. They are not in recycle bin, I have checked 'All Photos' and 'Videos' to make sure they weren't just bundled into those folders, a factory reset also hasn't resolved this 
Samsung (or an 'in the know' community member) please respond to this... the internet issue us obviously much greater than the others... im getting really frustrated.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
MrsFitz
Journeyman
Options
I've had the same problem re the internet since updating my S20FE and attempted the same fixes. Have you had any joy yet? It's driving me mad when I'm away from WiFi!
Pixie-x
Apprentice
Options
Hi MrsFitz the only thing that is sort of working for me is adding a new APN and staying on 2g/3g. When the APN stops working, I switch to the other one and it returns my (now much slower) mobile internet back to me - it's far from ideal and Samsung/Android need to sort this out as my phone is hardly smart at the moment
MrsFitz
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Pixie-x
When I've added an new APN the internet works but only if I remove my memory card from the 2nd SIM slot!! The reason I have this phone is so I can use a memory card. It's so annoying as everything was fine prior to the Samsung update 🙄
Pixie-x
Apprentice
Options
Thats really strange - I have a memory card too! I did read though on some forums for some of the previous Android Updates in 2020 about the same issue that a fix was people putting their sim card into the memory card slot/sim card 2 slot that the 4g/5g internet worked perfectly as if there was no issue - clearly its a problem that Samsung needs to look into for its phones because I haven't seen the issue reported anywhere else for other brands. I need my memory card, so didn't try putting my sim in that slot, glad it has worked for you but it's not ideal.

Im with Vodafone if it helps and the two APNs I choose between are in the pic I added. The one I created is the one with 'MMS' in the title which I got from their trouble shoot website, it still only works temporarily and only on the 2g/3g option otherwise it will 'say' I have internet but wont connect me to anything.Screenshot_20210716-101427_Settings_40542.jpg
KholaI
Options

Hey @Pixie-x 

It's definitely quite unusual. Could you please send in an error report via our Samsung Members app, so our engineers can get a better look at this? You can do this by opening the app > Get help > Error reports. From here, include much information as possible. Once they've checked the reports, they'll get back in touch.

mahmkh
Journeyman
Options

hi. I have problem in s20fe camera . when I take a picture and zoom the image a dotted line seen on it. I reset camera setting and reset factory my device but it isn't solve. Finally I took my device to Samsung service and I hope they find the problem that cause this phenomenon. in my device s20fe  is the worth one. images20fe.png

0 Likes