Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s20 ultra frequently freezes and restarts

(Topic created on: 29-11-2023 11:56 AM)
jeremiah1
Student
Options

Every 5-30 minutes my s20 randomly freezes and restarts. it doesn't matter which app i'm using it must freeze. i honestly don't know what to do.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jeremiah1  Do you have the latest software? ,also ensure that all Apps from the Galaxy and Google stores are up to date.

It could be a third party app causing a conflict, to test this  start your Device in Safe Mode  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  If there is no problem here should be able to pinpoint apps which may be causing a conflict, may need to uninstall recent apps.

However if this does not resolve it or you have not downloaded third party app recently it would be advisable to clear the cache partition.  This  deletes temporary cache files but keeps your Data intact.  can help  with crashes/freezes and is advisable after updates. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
jeremiah1
Student
Options

I have cleared cache partition but there was no change.

Also as for the safe mode, there is no way I can be sure it is a third party app. Sometimes the phone could work for hours without any problems and sometimes every 5 minutes it freezes and restarts. Since I don't know when it going to restart, I can't be sure that the safe mode is the one preventing it from restarting.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could uninstall recent third party apps to test it anyway. Whilst really a last resort may wish to consider a Factory Reset (need to back up Data beforehand though).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
kt0x
Student
Options

That not works..  I have the same problem with my s20ultra, it´s continuously freezing every 2 seconds. 

0 Likes
Bencliff
First Poster
Options

Same here ,please tell me about  how you solved your issues when you do please ,can we connect 

0 Likes
Bencliff
First Poster
Options

I use an s20 ultra that restarts every 15 seconds and most phone technicians in my area are clueless ,please id love to get your contacts 

0 Likes