Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed named other taking up all my space

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 04:28 PM)
JamieN94
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone know how to remove/lower the file named other on memory settings as it is what takes up the majority of my internal memory. Thanks 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BigUpKhaled
Pioneer
Options
"Other" is basically separate data that's stored by the apps on your phone
JamieN94
Apprentice
Options
How would i delete some of that as its only allowed me to have 10 gb space left to use
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JamieN94 Hello, in my opinion, the best way to reduce it is -Reset device to factory values. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

JamieN94
Apprentice
Options
Ok thanks for your reply
AndrewL
Options

@JamieN94: The 'Other' category relates to application data. If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Storage, is there an 'i' symbol to the right of Apps? If so, tap the 'i' > Settings > Allow usage tracking, and toggle this on. This should assign the memory usage to the Apps section, giving you a better idea of exactly which apps are using the most memory. 

JamieN94
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply
3leggeddog
First Poster
Options

Oh great, so we paid a grand for our S21 Ultras only to be locked out of our own devices, & the only way to clean up the primary space occupier is to have go thru all the rigamarole of a factory.reset. Oh blessed are we, how CONVENIENT

THANK YOU SAMSUNG ! (( ripoff a-holes ))

0 Likes
3leggeddog
First Poster
Options

I don't have telegram app nor ever did. And the only access I have is, like others, Battery and Device Care>Storage>Other. And that's it. No tap or other option to open it or clear it. What on earth nonsense is THAT ??????  What THE HELL  were they thinking putting out to market a "hidden problem" like this.  This is not legally acceptable. IMHO

0 Likes
3leggeddog
First Poster
Options

Oh, I forgot to point out that "OTHER"  is not even a location either actually. It's just a general categorical title. When you tap open VIDEOS you see the actual directories as locations of data you can then clear out individually or  multiple(s) etc... Even factory-resetting my device is of temporary value, since the issue of what that data is & how it got there to begin with isn't resolved AT ALL, so it's inevitable that this issue could, conceivably, very easily resurface all over again, then the need to reset again, etc etc as a  repititious cycle by then.  I'm looking into how to " root " an S-series, and put on a 3rd party better disk space usage app. If Samsung's own native storage space usage reporting app is so dodgy to begin with by default. why would I keep relying on that, when it's obviously either malfunctional or is outright covering something up. I just don't like the vibe of that at all. That just rubs me the wrong way.  The consumer is being played as a pawn in an Intellectual Property chess match between the grandmasters of the industry, and we are foced to absorb the $$$$ collateral damage ??? We paid about a thousand bucks for this defective inferior trash ?????  Oh my God this is so disgusting.... what a bait & switch ripoff.  

0 Likes