Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Sim Icons at top right of screen

(Topic created on: 19-11-2023 10:15 AM)
pellalean
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am  not technical at all, so if you reply, which would be great, could you use non-technical terms? 🙂

Looking at the icons and going from the left towards the right, I have two "Signal Strength" icons, one for each of my two sims.  Question - which is Sim 1 (my UK SIM) and which is Sim 2 (my French SIM)?

My issue is that I am currently in France and want to only use my French SIM (Sim 2) because the UK now charges Roaming charges. So in Settings, I have set "Data Roaming" to No (OFF) and "VoLTE calls SIM 1" to No (OFF). However, in the icons, the one that is furthest to the left (which I presumed was SIM 1) shows an "R", whereas the icon that is further to the right doesn't show an "R".

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

First icon is for SIM1 and second one is for SIM 2 (from left to right).

In Settings >  Connections > SIM manager,  switch to SIM 2 for calls/sms/data. Also turn off Data switching and backup Calling. 

0 Likes
pellalean
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply. I've done all that but there is still an "R" above the icon for Sim 1. I don't want my UK Sim to Roam - or at least I don't want to be charged for it Roaming without me specifically changing the settings ..... 

Why is there still an "R" ?

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Since the SIM is active, it is connected to the French network and therefore shows R. You could simply turn off SIM 1 in SIM manager while you are in France.

0 Likes