Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken screen carnt see anything

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 10:37 PM)
mik6744
Student
Options
So my 15 month old dog decided to chew on my samsung galaxy s20 go through the led screen I have half of the screen black which is totally destroyed, the other half is green I cannot see the screen, I have tried multiple softwares to try and recover my pictures ect but had no luck!.
I then proceeded with the whole hmdi and mouse which it brings up the time and a grey padlock on the TV i cannot see the screen to unlock my pattern on my phone, iv tried to have a wild guess with the mouse but after hours iv gave up, I took out my sim card to use in a different phone my WiFi was never turned on before the phone got chewed so cannot back up that way either, iv also tried the back up through my Samsung account but because it isn't connected to a network it will not back up, if anyone has any advise and point me in another direction it would help 
7 REPLIES 7
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try sending the device to a Samsung Repair centre, or just take it to a phone repair shop near you and they should be able to fix this issue 😊. Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
Two possibilities:
1. Get a new phone
2. Get a new dog
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mik6744 

As photos no longer back up to your Samsung Account i.e Samsung Cloud anymore Samsung then introduced the new option of using Onedrive to do this.

I'm wondering if this happened on your phone and your pictures auto backed up ?

If you take it to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre they will typically factory reset it meaning you'll lose all your data including any locally stored photos.

Unfortunately there's no easy answer due to the removal of a Sd card option which is where people would normally back up to. 

Personally I use a vault called Dropbox to back up my photos to which is something you could now consider so this does not happen again.

Other options such as Google Photos etc are also available.

If you do go somewhere to see if they can access the phone with their own software then make it clear to them not to factory reset.

I understand photos are cherished memories so I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

mik6744
Student
Options
Unfortunately I have check one drive and there is nothing backed up 😔
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Just a note of caution, if you send it to Samsung or to your network repairs team, regardless of whether you ask them not to factory data reset - THEY WILL.

I would take it to a trusted local repair shop near to you and talk to them first to explain the issue and see what they can do. Note though that this may affect your warranty.

In the future, @BandOfBrothers is spot on reference backing up.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sorry to hear that @mik6744  😞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Harsh - definitely get a new phone

🐕‍🦺
0 Likes