Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to replace an end-of-life microSD card on S20FE phone without losing the original files, folders metadata

(Topic created on: 08-10-2023 09:15 PM)
questions2ask
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20FE phone with a Samsung 256GB microSD card installed for a few years. I recently had a corrupt file message appear in the photos folder along with a suggestion to replace the microSD card.

What is the best way to copy over everything from the old 256GB microSD onto a new 256GB microSD card without losing the original creation dates, hidden files, storage structure, etc?

There seem to be many options: Clone RAW copy, Samsung Smart Switch app, Windows , USB drives... It's discovering the best, cleanest, easiest way to do this.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've used a SSD to do my transferring stuff with no trouble. Namely the T7 Touch in my case and it worked a dream. Now I prefer to buy a phone with larger internal storage so you don't get any corruption.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
questions2ask
Journeyman
Options

Thanks but RoboCopy is quite a technical option based on command lines and not designed for smartphone data transfers. I've used RoboCopy before on computer SSD and hard drives.
What is the easiest, proven way to copy over the entire microSD card onto the new card without losing any data (file creation dates, etc)?
Does the Samsung Smart Switch app retain all the metadata (original creation dates, hidden files, storage structure, etc)?

0 Likes