Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail icon

(Topic created on: 24-04-2023 07:30 PM)
MissK1
Student
Options

I have my voicemail set up, but sometimes it gets flipped to a voicemail box (not sure what to call it) where it literally dials another number and asks for  my password.  Now, I never hear the phone ring before this icon shows up nor have I set up a password for it.  I'm unable to get the dang icon off my bar.  I've tried restarting (both restart and turn off/on, cleaning cache) to  remove it.   Not sure what else to try.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Go to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps, find a application called Phone Services then clear data and cache
0 Likes
MissK1
Student
Options

I had already done that, but did it a second time.  Didn't work.  Icon still showing!

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Notifications for unread voicemail will continue to appear until you've actioned the voicemail.

It will usually go voicemail if no signal, WiFi calling issue, phone off, etc.

What happens if open dialer and just press number 1 (shortcut for voicemail). If asks for password try last 4 digits of your number or IMEI number or SIM card.

If none of them work you might need to ring network provider and see if can reset it.
0 Likes
MissK1
Student
Options

I understand that.  If it was my regular voicemail it would be simple.  But this is something I've never set up and out of the blue, I see this message from a voicemail I didn't even know about.  The last 4 digits of my phone number don't work, 0000 doesn't work and I can't get the icon off my phone.  I have no idea what IMEI is .  Will have to take phone apart and see if I can read SIM card number as that was put in when I bought phone and I've never had to check it. The voicemail I use doesn't require a password.   I hope they don't have to reset my phone as I don't want to lose any numbers, pics , ect. 

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
The IMEI number is under SIM management. They shouldn't need to reset phone, but if connected to Google/Samsung your contacts, numbers and pics should be backed up.
Also there is option in phone to back stuff up.
Can you post pic of what the icon is as I've only ever had normal icon.
Who is your network provider as they may have installed their own apps (I know 3uk are prone to doing this)
0 Likes
MissK1
Student
Options

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 3.21.09 PM.png

I bought my phone at Best Buy and was with Verizon for a year.  I'm currently with AT&T.  I don't remember if my SIM card was switched or not.  I do have the same number.   This has happened a couple of times before, but have always been able to figure out how to delete it. 

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Apologies for late response, did you manage to resolve?
0 Likes
MissK1
Student
Options

No problem. But no I didn't.  I even had a Samsung rep look at it.  He said it wasn't a hardware issue and to take it to my cell company.  Then out of the blue, it's gone today!  Technology can be so frustrating!!!  Thank you for checking back. 

0 Likes