Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Emojis

(Topic created on: 13-05-2023 08:19 PM)
Free_My_Soul_7
Journeyman
Options
I have a Samsung S10, with UI version 4.1 and android version 12.
I noticed the keyboard emojis have not been updated because I have the updated version on my Samsung S8 tablet.
When will Samsung update the emojis for the S10? 
Surely it can't be a hard job for them to update it?!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There is likely one of two reasons you are not getting new emojis, the first is that your device can no longer be updated. Emojis are often tied to updates, so if your phone or tablet can no longer run the latest version of Android, you'll need to upgrade to get the latest software.
They came with android 13 unfortunately. You could always try a different keyboard, Google keyboard or SwiftKey. They may have newer emojis you don't have with the Samsung keyboard.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There is likely one of two reasons you are not getting new emojis, the first is that your device can no longer be updated. Emojis are often tied to updates, so if your phone or tablet can no longer run the latest version of Android, you'll need to upgrade to get the latest software.
They came with android 13 unfortunately. You could always try a different keyboard, Google keyboard or SwiftKey. They may have newer emojis you don't have with the Samsung keyboard.
keith30
Maestro
Options
It might not be compatible anymore as the S10 is old now and due for it's last major software update this year, that maybe why you have the updated version on your S8 tablet and should be running Android 13 Ui 5.1 and not your S10