Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s10e note app not working after recent upgrade

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 05:50 PM)
Elma390
Student
Options

After the recent software upgrade my Samsung notes app isn't working.i can get into the app but cannot get into the individual notes. Please help!!

16 REPLIES 16
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Elma390! Try restarting the phone and clearing the cache of the Notes app: Settings > Apps > Notes app > Storage  > Clear cache. Does it help? 

0 Likes
Keriberifoferi
Apprentice
Options

I'm having this issue with my Samsung 10+ as well after the recent update. I tried clearing the cache and restarting, but the individual notes still won't open. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Elma390: If you open Samsung Notes > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Make sure 'All Notes' is selected > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Import Data > From Phone > From Samsung Account > From Google Drive, are you able to access the notes following these steps? If not please return to the S Note home screen > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit > Select a note that you're unable to access > Can you see an option to 'Unlock' at the bottom of the screen?
0 Likes
LouD2
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue as well, I have the S10+ and since the recent update my notes are all blank when I try to open them, and the app crashes if I try to get out.

Keriberifoferi
Apprentice
Options

The app crashes when I tap the cog button to try the fix you described. 

I have the same issue as the comment below when I open the app, i am able to see the notes i have saved, but when I try to open the individual note, it appears blank and then the app crashes.

Solution
Abbyrose
First Poster
Options

Go into the galaxy store and click the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner. Then select updates and update the notes app. That is what fixed it for me. 

Keriberifoferi
Apprentice
Options

That did it! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
LouD2
Student
Options

I tried updating my app yesterday but there wasn't an update available, I went back in this morning and now there is an update and it fixed my problem, so thank you for the help!

0 Likes
SamsHUNG
Student
Options

Have you tried updating the app? This happened to me and I read a lot of posts explaining that the app needs to be updated. The problem is, the app wouldn't give me the chance because it kept freezing, so I updated through the Google Play store. Try that!