Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Android 10 Not Updating.

(Topic created on: 24-01-2020 10:15 AM)
rubleseee
Student
Options

My Galaxy S10 not getting Android 10 update.

It always show system is updated.

37 REPLIES 37
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@rubleseee wrote:

My Galaxy S10 not getting Android 10 update.

It always show system is updated.

You could retry using the Samsung SmartSwitch App.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

Maybe that works better. If not, could you provide a screenshot of Settings / About Phone / Software Information / "Service provider software" ? These problems typically are due to a mismatch between region of SIM and region of phone.

rubleseee
Student
Options

Checked with Snart Switch, not Working.

Check the Screen shot.Smart SwitchSmart SwitchScreenshot_20200122-220545_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200122-220625_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

Singapore= MM1, XSP (unbranded), SIN (Singtel), STH (Starhub), BGD, XSO

Okay, so it would seem that your device was manufactured for Starhub in Singapore and that you now use another SIM without branding from  Singapore.  Well, I fail to see why that doesn't get an update. I suggest you contact the support, eg from the  Samsung Members App, or bring the device to Samsung.

0 Likes
SE11
Journeyman
Options

I am having exactly the same problem. In fact I don't think my S10 phone has had any updates since I bought it. I have attached a screenshot from the software information page. Help...20200124_101144.jpg

20200124_101405.jpg

IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@SE11 wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem. In fact I don't think my S10 phone has had any updates since I bought it. I have attached a screenshot from the software information page. Help...

Okay, that reads "XEU/XEU,EUR/EUR". So the phone was manufactured for greece (EUR), has or had greece and UK (XEU) SIM-cards, the UK-SIM is the primary one. Well, two possibilities :

Either you temporarily set the CSC to EUR by using a greek SIM : help_is_it_possible_to_change_the_csc_code

"1) Take a backup of your personal files. This will clear all your data. 2) Turn off your phone and remove the sim. 3) Press and hold the Bixby, Volume down and Power buttons together until display turns on. 4) Select 'Wipe data / Factory reset' and confirm reset 5) After reset completes, Select 'Power off' and turn off the phone 6) Now insert the sim and turn on the phone, it will start again in recovery mode 7) Select 'Reboot system' 😎 After the phone restarts, continue choosing the options 9) It displays an alert that the sim is changed, select 'Restart' 10) Check your software version in the about screen, it will be changed to current CSC"

Then you might/should  get updates. I never tried, but it would be nice to know whether this really works.

Or you bring the phone to Samsung and let them install a complete UK version.

0 Likes
SE11
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the swift reply. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Given the potential for me to blitz the entire content of my phone, I think I might find my nearest Samsung store and ask them for help! But perhaps I should figure out how to completely back up the entire contents of my phone first!!

Cheers.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@SE11 wrote:

Thanks for the swift reply. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Given the potential for me to blitz the entire content of my phone, I think I might find my nearest Samsung store and ask them for help! But perhaps I should figure out how to completely back up the entire contents of my phone first!!

Cheers.

That should be possible using the Samsung SmartSwitch PC program : [ see below ]

"You can also keep the full backup of your Samsung Galaxy on your desktop PC with Smart switch. Either restore on a new device or restore on previous devices in case of emergency."

But of course you wouldn't want to restore everything, just your personal data. Depending on the amount of data that might by easier done via the samsung cloud. You can disconnect and remove an existing SD-card before whatever anybody does to the phone.

0 Likes
SE11
Journeyman
Options

Well in that case... I think I'll take the advice of an authoritative stranger and start tinkering with the inside of a device that has, apparently, considerably more computing power than the first missions to the moon. Even though I have a daily net loss of brain cells, for some reason - probably linked to too much coffee this morning - I'll give it my best shot!

I will report back as to what progress there is in getting a UK and up-to-date version of the OS/Android 10/ One UI 2 on my S10.

Here goes nothing - apart from a £1000 worth of technology.

Thanks again.

AntS
Options

A little unsure about that link, @IreibeX :winking-face:, so this is the link to the official UK page on Smart Switch and download links: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/switching/ 

Edit: And some further info on backing up your data using Smart Switch for peeps who need/want to know more: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/ 

0 Likes