Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ Android 10 not getting update

(Topic created on: 23-01-2020 05:52 AM)
Igsu
Apprentice
Options

My Galaxy S10+ is not getting the Android 10 Update.

I have tried Smart Switch and it didn't help.Screenshot_20200123-074916_Settings.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Igsu wrote:

I have tried Smart Switch and it didn't help.

Have a look at the last line in your Service Provider SW Version : "NEE/NEE,DBT/DBT" . It seems your device was manufactured for germany, has two SIMs, one german and one nordic, and the nordic SIM is the primary one. Maybe the software due to your region mix history doesn't get updates. I suggest you ask the support via Samsung Members app. If need be bring the device to Samsung, they can completely reinstall it with the suitable software that then will get future updates.

Also see https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note10-Note10-Note10-5G/Grunds%C3%A4tzliche-Frage-zu-Sams...

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@IreibeX wrote:

@Igsu wrote:

I have tried Smart Switch and it didn't help.

Have a look at the last line in your Service Provider SW Version : "NEE/NEE,DBT/DBT" . It seems your device was manufactured for germany, has two SIMs, one german and one nordic, and the nordic SIM is the primary one. Maybe the software due to your region mix history doesn't get updates. I suggest you ask the support via Samsung Members app. If need be bring the device to Samsung, they can completely reinstall it with the suitable software that then will get future updates.

Also see https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note10-Note10-Note10-5G/Grunds%C3%A4tzliche-Frage-zu-Sams...

That shouldn't have anything to do with it. It should always go by what the csc the phone was made for not what sim you have in the device.

IMO it's because Samsung has slowed the rollout because of all the issues being reported. I'm on XSP and according to Sammobile it was released, however when pulling directly from Samsung, the update has been removed.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

So you think you'll get the German update. Well, tell us once you either have got it or have lost patience.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@doesitmatter  schrieb:

That shouldn't have anything to do with it. It should always go by what the csc the phone was made for not what sim you have in the device.

Your screenshot shows that you've got ASIE and ASIG versions. If sammobile is right then you haven't got updates since september.

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s10-plus/firmware/SM-G975F/DBT/

firmware-dbt.jpg

Meaning you'll probably never get any updates with the configuration you currently have.

0 Likes
Igsu
Apprentice
Options

Thanks everyone for your answers. I tried to reset my phone and went through set up without a SIM card, asn still wouldn't update, so at least I can tell I has nothing to do with the SIM card. Anyways information on this is very hard to find so I'll just keep waiting.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Igsu wrote:

I tried to reset my phone and went through set up without a SIM card, asn still wouldn't update, so at least I can tell I has nothing to do with the SIM card.

That's not a valid conclusion. To prove that you'd have to change back to a german SIM card and reconfigure your S10+ accordingly. As long as you don't do that, it will keep "NEE" as CSC. For further information how to change the CSC see help_is_it_possible_to_change_the_csc_code

"1) Take a backup of your personal files. This will clear all your data. 2) Turn off your phone and remove the sim. 3) Press and hold the Bixby, Volume down and Power buttons together until display turns on. 4) Select 'Wipe data / Factory reset' and confirm reset 5) After reset completes, Select 'Power off' and turn off the phone 6) Now insert the sim and turn on the phone, it will start again in recovery mode 7) Select 'Reboot system' 😎 After the phone restarts, continue choosing the options 9) It displays an alert that the sim is changed, select 'Restart' 10) Check your software version in the about screen, it will be changed to current CSC"

0 Likes
Igsu
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately I cannot do what you suggested since I do not own a German SIM card. My phone has only had a Nordic SIM (Finland) since purchase.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Igsu wrote:

Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately I cannot do what you suggested since I do not own a German SIM card. My phone has only had a Nordic SIM (Finland) since purchase.

I didn't suggest that you actually do that. I know that the SIM matters, no need to prove that. But I do make a suggestion now : contact the Samsung Support via the Samsung Members app and get a second opinion.

0 Likes
Olutayo
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I am currently gaving this issue any lukc in fixing it?

0 Likes