Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my Note 20 use too much RAM?

(Topic created on: 05-08-2021 01:06 PM)
Dr_derakhshan
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I just bought my new note 20 ultra G5 with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB memory. 

But when I check my RAM status,  and no app is running in background my phone still using 6GB of RAM, I don't know way?

I also have Galaxy A70 128GB 6GB RAM , and it also use 3GB of RAM when no app is running in background.

That was the main reason I moved to note 20 ultra , because I thought if I have 12 Gb RAM and the phone use 3Gb for running up the system I still have 8Gb left , but in both cases samsung use half of the RAM .

Why it's working like this  and os it normal ?

Thank you all for responding 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Even if you are not using a user installed app, system apps are still working.
Don't worry too much about RAM in Android, it's way more efficient than Windows.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Dr_derakhshan 

There will be background activity you can't see that requires the phone's resources.

I once was told sometime ago that unused RAM is wasted RAM so my advice is to let the phone do what it needs to do for the phone to perform.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
loribear1
Navigator
Options
the best thing to do , is every month clear out your cache , especially if you play games on it , if you go to the settings then apps , then go down them all & do a good clear out , & also you can check in playstore to see if your UPDATE APPS AUTOMATICALLY is switched on , if so , switch it off , & if there's any bloatware you don't want that's been updated , uninstall updates on them too , as some of Them can use alot of data too , hope this helps .
0 Likes
Dr_derakhshan
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for reply

0 Likes
MarwenAffi
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem.

Nothing is working on the background, and all apps sleeped, and ram usage is 53% and cpu 32%

If you buy a Samsung phone with 100 GB RAM, half of it will be used

Used: 62 GB | Available: 38 GB

Phone Storage ( 1 TB)

Erase all data, after the reset you will see 

320 GB / 1 TB

And nothing installed into the phone 🤣🤣

0 Likes