Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Scene optimisation affects battery?

(Topic created on: 19-05-2022 08:08 PM)
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
I am a bit stuck on the feature scene optimisation which is built in on my camera app but I wasn't sure if it drains battery. Can anyone tell me if that feature drains battery or not? Would you consider to use this feature?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Scene optimisation requires further processing power so yes it would drain a bit more versus not using it

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@ItzZia: Using Scene Optimizer in the Camera app won't affect your battery life in any significant way, if at all. I'd recommend having a play around with the feature, as it can enhance the quality of your photos. If you find that it's not for you, simply tap the swirling symbol in the bottom right of the viewfinder so it says 'Scene Optimiser Off', or tap the cog symbol in the top right > Scene Optimiser > Off to disable it completely. 

ItzZia
Navigator
Options
From afternoon, I took some photo with the scene optimizer on and i noticed some battery drained a bit.
0 Likes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
But @AndrewL I don't understand. Because I have that feature on as default, why is draining my battery even though zi have an exynos chipset?
0 Likes
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Scene optimisation requires further processing power so yes it would drain a bit more versus not using it
0 Likes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
So what will happen if I don't use scene optimisation? Will it save some battery or not?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
A small amount yes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
Right. Thank u so much antik! All those sources i find on the internet and youtubebe aren't help but thankfully you gave me answer. Thank u!
0 Likes
Arnah40946
Explorer
Options
Federer
0 Likes