Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 ultra review after 15 months

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 02:40 PM)
dsss
Voyager
Options
So I was soo excited when I pre-ordered this phone I know about Exynos 990 but still I took the risk everything is good even now screen, cameras are the best even now. But battery life is terrible to the hell and it heats up alot even for basic tasks. I need to charge atleast 2 times and if I travel I need to carry powerbank with me which is soo annoying. I will be upgrading to S22 ultra as it's the new note overall I would give 7/10 but battery 1/10 stupid and terrible. It heats up alot even when I keep my phone in the pocket ☹️☹️☹️☹️
13 REPLIES 13
Darthphillius
Explorer
Options
I think this was an issue with the 10 and 20 series overall. I had if with myself with the S10+ and my wife with the S20. I got so annoyed with the S10 that I switched from the + to the Lite model. Sure it was a wee bit of a downgrade with some features but the battery life was far superior as was charge times. Seems to be fixed now with the S21 series. My 5G and my daughter's A12 run for a decent length. It's also worth running through your settings. With the Samsung Pay you can have your NFC turned off and it will only switch on briefly when you're paying for something. You can also tweak usage with the Samsung Diagnostic app. Clearing your ram and putting apps to sleep will help ring every ounce of juice from your device.
0 Likes
dsss
Voyager
Options
That's true though I hope s22 ultra fixes all the battery and heating issues 🤞🤞
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @dsss 

My first Note 20 Ultra was the Exynos soc and on the whole it performed admirably,  however mine appeared to have network connection issues.

I returned the phone to Samsung UK within 28 days and then proceeded to import the Samsung Note 20 Ultra SnapDragon soc from Hong Kong and the difference was night and day between the two soc versions.

Exynos has definitely come on in regards to how it performs recently however.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
dsss
Voyager
Options
Yesterday news broke out saying that s22 will use Snapdragon world wide fingers crossed 🤞🤞
0 Likes
MrMcG
Apprentice
Options

It does make me feel better seeing these posts as it makes me realise that I am not suffering alone with this device. 

0 Likes
dsss
Voyager
Options
Am soo tempted to switch to iPhone but fingers crossed on s22 ultra
0 Likes
MrMcG
Apprentice
Options

It is funny you mention that, I have purchased the iPhone 13 pro max I just have to wait until early December to receive it. 

I have had the note20 since March last year so another month won't kill me.

0 Likes
dsss
Voyager
Options
Oops!! I want to buy I trust Samsung soo badly soo s22 ultra hopefully will make it for me I wish
0 Likes
MrMcG
Apprentice
Options

My fingers are crossed for you :smiling-face:

I hope it works out as you hope.

0 Likes