Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 20 Battery drain due to Google Play services after 2024 Feb security update

(Topic created on: 07-03-2024 11:36 AM)
Aloke
First Poster
Options

Samsung Note 20 Battery drain due to Google Play services after 2024 Feb security update.

Google play is draining the battery. Cant uninstall the app. Reverted it to the factory version still the problem did not get resolved. The device is dead slow and hot as a hot plate.

disabling the app is also not possible as all the google services are dependent on it.

8 REPLIES 8
dwddoc
Apprentice
Options

I noticed this too.  My Samsung Note20 Ultra has be acting strange this week with battery drain and Bluetooth.  Not sure if they are related.

Paul3083
Student
Options
Same thing on tab S6 lite since uodate, losing battery fast with no use.
0 Likes
dwddoc
Apprentice
Options

I fixed my issue today.  I cleared storage and cache of Google Play Services.  My battery is acting normal now, and I solved my Android Auto issue.

0 Likes
DaHonga
Student
Options

I've been having this issue for the last month where it was draining so much and heating up my battery that my Note 20U kept restarting and when checking battery usage "Google Play Services" was at 10%. I've tried pretty much everything other than doing a factory reset. After about a week, things returned back to somewhat normal without the restarts, but now it's doing it again...

0 Likes
volken17
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue happening on my S20.  Google play services through the roof (10+%), but also phone getting hot, restarting, obvious excessive battery draining as the cause.

0 Likes
xPudda
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with Galaxy S20+. Since first days of march my smartphone seems a barbecue and the battery is draining in 4 hours.

0 Likes
Members_26tNvAS
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue after last update 😠

@Samsung please resolve that problem!

0 Likes
dwddoc
Apprentice
Options

Just to give an update, I was able to resolve issues for about a week.  But the issues quickly came back, and I started to use Battery draining apps to watch apps.  During the course of March, my Android Auto was not working at all with my vehicles wirelessly.  There were 2 updates pushed to my phone.  The first update did not resolve any issue. The 2nd firmware was received last week, and the had an issue with installing the update where it was finalizing the install - i think it was stuck on my external SD card (so I made a backup of it just in case).  I deleted the partition cache in the recovery mode boot option.   After clearing the cache, the update appears to have installed, and I no longer have any battery issues and Android Auto is working.  Hope this helps, Android issues are frustrating - its great when it works, and its frustrating when it doesn't.   I am not allowing as many notifications from every app anymore, and watching what apps are draining battery closely with Good Guardians. System Settings App, and Accubattery.  I also limited the max charge to 85% in the settings.  Last night, my battery drained 5% from midnight to 6 am.  At the beginning of the month 100% battery drain occurred during the same time.  Hope this helps some one.

0 Likes