Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restored photos not showing on whatsapp or instagram

(Topic created on: 09-03-2024 09:15 PM)
taetae2901
Pioneer
Options
Hello,

So my one month old s24 ultra was stolen two days ago. No insurance but at least I had everything backed up 😭.

I restored everything on my old Note 10 Plus. Nearly everything restored on my gallery including a screenshot I took 1 minute before the theft. 

However, when I try to send a photo on whatsapp or post on Instagram, I can't find the backed up photos from my stolen phone.

Can anyone help?

P.S. Don't be me and get phone insurance. I didn't know it included theft and now I'm 1,2k down 😭.
6 REPLIES 6
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I am very sorry your phone was stolen.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried to find the photos on One Drive, Google cloud or Samsung cloud?
0 Likes
taetae2901
Pioneer
Options
Just to clarify, all the photos have been restored and are available on my phone gallery. The only issue is I can't access the restored photos on apps like WhatsApp or instagram. So say I want to post a photo I restored from my stolen phone on Instagram, I can't find the photo on the Instagram app to post.
0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
You must be really gutted about that. Were you able to use Find My Mobile to try and locate, lock or wipe your device?

Can you share the photos to Whatsapp or IG direct from Samsung Gallery?
0 Likes
taetae2901
Pioneer
Options
Find my mobile wasn't updating regularly for some reason but I had my Google location shared with my mum so I could see it there. I haven't erased the data yet cuz im weirdly attached to it haha, I probably should to be safe.

And yes if I share directly from my gallery it works.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I suspect they are cloud photos so might have to be downloaded into the phone possibly? Also have you checked WhatsApp app permissions that allows you to access all your photos instead of a limited number?
0 Likes