Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button not working

(Topic created on: 04-11-2023 09:19 PM)
arr2101
First Poster
Options
My note 20 ultra had fallen into some water and now my camera has fogged up from the inside (both back and front) and my Power button doesn't work all the time. It does randomly work but most of the time doesn't and I wasn't also able to boot it up for this reason. I've tried my best to dry it out. Charging and screen etc work fine. What can I do about this Power button that only works sometimes?? Thank you
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@arr2101: It is possible that your Note20 has experienced liquid ingress, and this is causing some internal issues with the device. If you head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Phone diagnostics > Buttons, does this flag any issues with the Side key? As the issue is intermittent, you may wish to try this a few times to see if the results vary. If you receive an 'Action required' notification, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out via your preferred channel, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the phone to be inspected and repaired by an authorised engineer. Please be aware that if the engineer deems the issue to be the result of liquid damage, which is not covered by our warranty, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. 

0 Likes
arr2101
First Poster
Options
Yeah the volume buttons work fine but the power button doesn't. Do you know on average how much this repair will cost?
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @arr2101. A quote can only be issued once a full inspection has taken place. Take a look at this link to see your options. 

0 Likes