Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating Issue

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 02:53 AM)
Daedalus94
Student
Options
Hi all,

Since upgrading to Android 12 (and now the update to One UI 4.1), I've had a problem with the Samsung Calendar and the System Server causing my phone to overheat, lag and then reboot. I've wiped the cache partition, done a full reset, disabled the calendar and been through 'good guardians' to limit the temperature when it's being used in the background. Every time either are accessed in the background, they use a ton of CPU and eventually crash my phone. It also often happens when watching videos and occasionally when gaming. This never happened with Android 11.

Has anyone else had issues with this and have any potential fixes?
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you try Safe Mode @Daedalus94 

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ will help to highlight if an app or theme etc is potentially causing issues. 

If this was my situation and Safe Mode didn't help then I'd first send any applicable error reports and feedback to Samsung via the Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section and see what they say.

You may need to visit a Samsung Service Centre or send the phone back to Samsung so they can have hands on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Daedalus94
Student
Options
Thank you. I've tried safe mode and every time my phone resets, I send the error reports via the members app.
I'll send a message to Samsung and see what they say.
Thanks for the advice!