Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY fingerprint sensor stoped working after an official screen replacement

(Topic created on: 22-09-2023 01:35 PM)
het donga
First Poster
Options

MY fingerprint sensor stopped working after an official screen replacement by samsung
reason for screen replacement; my screen went white after using it for 2-3 years thus i had to pay for replacement as my warranty got expired.
note; my father used it for a year or so but he did not use finger print to unlock his phone
after he gave it to me i discovered this issue.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@het donga: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. For clarity, was the Fingerprint sensor working as expected prior to sending the phone for the screen replacement? Also, do you get any error messages or notifications when setting up the Fingerprint biometric, or is it simply unresponsive?

0 Likes
het donga
First Poster
Options

yes, before my screen got blank my fingerprint sensor was working
firstly when ever i try to add my finger print by
 1 Go to “Settings”.
2 Tap “Biometrics and security”.
3 Tap “Fingerprints”.
4Enter your PIN, pattern or password.
it will gust freez there, 
it takes a lot of time to think and many of the times it even shows this message setting isn't responding, close app or wait.
secondly, when i press *#0*# and then on sensor
it just shows NA when i press normal scan and for the sensor info it is just a blank white page.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@het donga: Thank you for clarifying that for me. If you head to the Samsung Members app > Support > Diagnostics > Phone diagnostics > Fingerprint recognition, does the issue persist during this hardware test? If so, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to the relevant Support Team in your region, where an advisor will be on hand to arrange a further engineers inspection for you. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Jet_
Apprentice
Options

I just had the same problem with my phone, which is intact and was never open before for a repair nor anything else.

Woke up this morning, when i checked my phone it said on the lockscreen that the fingerprint data was corrupted. After that i just cant use the sensor.

I tried:

● restarting the phone,

● rebooting in safe mode,

● updating the system, 

● force stopping and cleaning all data on the biometrics app,

● deleting my fingerprints and trying to add them again.

When i do try to add my fingerprints again, it just says "Fingerprint sensor isn't working"

1000191420.jpg

● using the members app to test the sensor, but it only lets you test it if you have fingerprints saved. And since i deleted mine a few minutes before trying it, i'm just stuck in a loop.

1000191438.jpg

● I also tried the *#0*# code and the results are as follows:

1000191433.jpg

1000191434.jpg

Is there any way i can fix this?

Is this maybe a hardware failure?

I love my phone, it's a S21 that's been with me for over 2 years and i really don't plan on switching it to a new model just because of one sensor...

estepane
First Poster
Options

Same here, have you managed to fix yours?

0 Likes
het donga
First Poster
Options

on top of this issue last week my note 10's motherboard had some problem out of no where it stoped charging.
i really loved samsung but it is becoming less reliable every year😕, whichh is the main reason people buy iphone i guess.

0 Likes