Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Samsung Note 20 Ultra: Sudden Motherboard Failure – Feeling Lost and Frustrated!

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
MoMan98
Apprentice
Options
I have owned a samsung note 20 ultra for 2 years and 2 months now, had no issues with it, until a couple of days ago where my phone started freezing and just being unresponsive seemingly at random. I tried resetting the cache and factory resetting the phone but nothing fixed the issue. I then decided to take it to samsung repair service.

After a couple of hours they told me it was a motherboard issue, and the cost for the motherboard replacement was 13 thousand turkish lira (to put it into perspective, it costs almost a quarter of the phone's price). I asked them what caused the motherboard issue, they said it broke by itself, I told them if the breakage wasn't caused by me, why should I be the one paying for it? They said because the warranty ended 2 months ago, there's nothing they can do.

This made me very upset. The price they asked for is too high and I worked hard to get this phone. This shaked my confidence in Samsung products.

Is there really nothing I can do? I'm asking people who may have helpful information that can help my situation.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Any insurance on it?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MoMan98: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your Galaxy Note20 Ultra. If your device is over 2 years (24 months) old, then it is now outside the manufacturers warranty period, and any repairs performed by our authorised engineer's will be chargeable. I understand your concerns completely, however it won't be possible to arrange an alternative resolution, and I must stand by the engineer's decision in this instance. 

0 Likes
MoMan98
Apprentice
Options

No it ended 2 months ago

MoMan98
Apprentice
Options

So is this the new norm? Have Samsung devices that break after less than 2 and a half years of usage, shortly and conveniently after their warranty ended? How am I supposed to trust Samsung products now?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MoMan98: I certainly don't want you to feel this way. I appreciate that the timing of the fault you encountered was not ideal, however you should not consider this to by the norm by any means. 

0 Likes
MoMan98
Apprentice
Options

Let’s say I paid for the costly motherboard replacement, how can I know it won’t break again in a short period of time?

Let’s say that I bought a new phone, or a new Samsung product, how can I know they won’t conveniently break shortly after their warranty ends? How can I trust Samsung? The way I see it, Samsung betrayed my trust in their products, which hurts to say as a long time Samsung fan.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
My first Galaxy S broke 14 months after I bought it. I've owned several Samsung phones and tablets since then. From my own personal experience, 95% of the time, they won't break on you within or outside the warranty period.
0 Likes