Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Customize the Fingerprint unlock animation (biometrics)

(Topic created on: 27-08-2023 04:27 PM)
Chookz
Explorer
Options
Hello Samsung Mobile,

For many years since Samsung first added Ultrasonic fingerprint recognition, I have wished that they would be options to be able to change the animation we see.

This is most noticeable and desired for when unlocking on the Lock screen.

Currently we get a 'water ripple' animation whilst fingerprint unlocking and this is most evident o the Lock screen.

I would like these to be options in Biometrics settings to be able to change the animation style.

Personally, I'd like a retro style 'downwards glowing line' that would give the user experience feeling that my finger is being scanned by such animated line.

HAPTIC FEEDBACK should also be considered as a user option.

LG Velvet and LG Wing phones allow users to change the fingerprint animation by changing the "Icon effect" in their settings menu.

OnePlus 9 line of Android phones also natively support user options for fingerprint animation.

==========
...And NO not a Live Wallpaper hack that would drain rhe battery just to fake change the fingerprint animation.

Currently there are silly hack methods on YouTube that encourage Samsung users to disable the fingerprint animation on their phone and then download a battery-draining Live Wallpaper from Play store which will imitate the appearance if a custom fingerprint animation. Not good.
3 REPLIES 3
S23UltraUKuser
Voyager
Options
I'd like a haptic feedback when it registers the scan too.. Like pixels etc.
Chookz
Explorer
Options
Yes. Haptic feedback should also get baked in as a user option.
Chookz
Explorer
Options
Any update on this?