Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dilemma

(Topic created on: 11-07-2023 03:14 PM)
uniquehija
Journeyman
Options

I'm a Note 20 Ultra user for 2 years. I'm now having impulsive thoughts about buying the S23 Ultra since their having the mid year sale. However, upon checking their specs and comparing the two, the only upgrade that is significant to me with S23U is the 200mp main camera with 100x zoom. Even the display is bigger in the N20U. I still think that the N20U is a more competitive model than the S23U.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to switch to S23U or is it better that I just wait the following years for newer models to come?

Share your opinions. And thank you in advance. 😊

#Note20ultra #S23Ultra @Everyone

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One thing you missed is the Snapdragon processor which is pretty quick. The S23U battery life is street's ahead of my S21U. I've not had a Note before and find the S pen handy.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Your Note 20 Ultra is an excellent device @unipuehija. In my opinion though, the S23 Ultra is a brilliant one. I would imagine you would notice improvements in battery life and a buttery smooth display with more punch and contrast on the 23U. Camera wise, there may not be much between the two photographically but video wise the 23U would be noticeably superior especially in terms of low light noise control and detail capture and sharpness and contrast. A big hike. If you are a gamer, the difference should be almost night and day with the better speed and thermal control of the Snapdragon chipset on the 23U. The more extensive software support for the 23U is certainly worth considering also. If you live in the UK/Europe then it is also worth noting that the S24 Ultra at least may well only be sold with an Exynos chipset on board. I don't hate Exynos chips myself but have found them weak in certain areas and opinion is that they are slightly inferior overall than their Snapdragon counterparts, so this is something you need to know. I would go for the 23 Ultra (Yes I own one and love the thing) especially if you can get a good deal on one. Good luck to you in your decision making. 👍
uniquehija
Journeyman
Options

@Pugs1957 wrote:
One thing you missed is the Snapdragon processor which is pretty quick. The S23U battery life is street's ahead of my S21U. I've not had a Note before and find the S pen handy.

My N20U has the snapdragon processor. Luckily, here in my country they sell the snapdragon variant.

uniquehija
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this insight. Luckily here in my country they sell both Exynos and Snapdragon variant processors and I got my N20U with the snapdragon. I'm not a gamer and mostly use my phone for browsing the internet/socmed and communications. The midyear sale will last the whole July so I have it until then to decide. 🙂

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You make a good argument yourself to wait for the next flagship phone @uniquehija 

The Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra has the purpose made Qualcomm Snapdragon soc so will be more optimised.

And as mentioned about the new camera options.

I've personally  owned both the Exynos and Snapdragon versions of the Samsung Note 20 Ultra as I imported the Snapdragon version from Hong Kong to the UK,  and loved how powerful it is.

I wish you well with your eventual choice.  👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AlanThomas
Explorer
Options
I've used the Note 20 ultra my friend with the exynos and now using S23 Ultra... except for the battery everything was perfect... the fact that you have snapdragon in it I would suggest you to wait for the next Ultra.. however, that will also reduce the exchange price for your note 20 Ultra.. to be honest i don't know... it's a tough choice
0 Likes