Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOFOCUS PROBLEMS

(Topic created on: 31-10-2023 08:07 AM)
Vangelis Kal
Student
Options

I have a problem with note 20 ultra 5g autofocus

most of times main camera doesn't auto focus (tough screen to focus also doesn't work) and result is blurry. but at the same time wide 0.5x and telephoto 5x works fine and auto focus works correctly. the ridiculous solution is a small knock to camera and auto focus start working also changing between video and camera can resolve issue temporary until the next time that you start the camera app i think autofocus issue in main camera only affect on far subject and about close subject i see the camera trying to auto focus.

Tried all the solutions proposed here , nothing happened.
Please advise

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Vangelis Kal
Student
Options

SAMSUNG NOTE LENS 1.jpgSAMSUNG NOTE LENS.jpg

Hello dear friends,
Lens changed .Samsung repair center in Paris wanted to change the hole block of cameras. I replaced at another repair center only the lens with the problem.
Very disappointed with Samsung. They are aware of the problem, they should at least offer a serious  discount when the guarantee is expired (a few months).
My S6 and S7edge still focusing...
Thank you again for your time end effort.
Best regards

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GC74
Pioneer
Options
Same problem with the Galaxy S21 ultra.
0 Likes
AtshaamY
Options

Hey @Vangelis Kal. Make sure your software is updated if you haven't already, then restart your phone. Then, perform a test on the camera by going into the Samsung Members app > Tap on Support (bottom right) > Phone diagnostics > Camera > Follow the on-screen instructions.

If your phone passes the checks, I'd like you to back up the data on your phone and then try a Factory Reset following the steps provided on our Samsung website.

Steps on how to back up your data: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/

How to perform a Factory Reset: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

AtshaamY

AtshaamY
Options

You can also give these steps a try to see how you get on, @GC74. However, before trying the steps that I've mentioned in my other response, check out this guide on our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-my-galaxy-phone-camera-does-not-focu...

AtshaamY

GC74
Pioneer
Options
Been through this guide before, it didn't work.
Vangelis Kal
Student
Options

Thank you vm. Tried everything.No result.
Waiting if the new android promised by Samsung, solves the problem.
Otherwise i will pay a visit to Samsung repair center in Paris trying to repair the problem.
In case they will change the camera block (and at what price) you think that the problem will emerge again in the future?
Best regards

0 Likes
Solution
Vangelis Kal
Student
Options

SAMSUNG NOTE LENS 1.jpgSAMSUNG NOTE LENS.jpg

Hello dear friends,
Lens changed .Samsung repair center in Paris wanted to change the hole block of cameras. I replaced at another repair center only the lens with the problem.
Very disappointed with Samsung. They are aware of the problem, they should at least offer a serious  discount when the guarantee is expired (a few months).
My S6 and S7edge still focusing...
Thank you again for your time end effort.
Best regards

0 Likes