Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection drop outs A34

(Topic created on: a month ago)
madcatz1972
Journeyman
Options
Just swapped from an A12 to an A34 previously had no WiFi issues on the A12. 
A34 is a different story, I am having to reconnect at least 10 times a day. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this, my IP is fine I work from home without issue on the laptop so nothing to do with that. The A12 is also zipping along on WiFi but not the shiny new A34 - can anyone help please? 
7 REPLIES 7
Tractor777
Explorer
Options
Try turning off intelligent WiFi
madcatz1972
Journeyman
Options
I'm not sure if I have or not, I don't seem to be able to find it? 😕 Thanks for your reply
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@madcatz1972: Further to the above, please head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Intelligent Wi-Fi > Switch to mobile data (Off) > Switch to better Wi-Fi networks (Off) > Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically (Off). Let me know if this helps. 

You can also head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > 3 dots > Advanced settings > Wi-Fi on/off history, and check to see if any apps are listed here that might be turning off your Wi-Fi. 

madcatz1972
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew, thank you for the reply. I have just done as you suggest so will now monitor, come back to you tomorrow to let you know. Thanks for your time 🙂
madcatz1972
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew, to let you know (as promised) that seems to be working. Thanks for the information 😉
0 Likes
kettle789
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately turning off intelligent wifi will not solve the problem. I guarantee it will happen again. There's a fundamental issue with this handset. Just search "A34 wifi" and you'll see lots of people with this issue.

0 Likes
madcatz1972
Journeyman
Options
You're totally right, it's started again and is so as I type. I wonder if they will be able to get a fix for it at Samsung?
0 Likes