Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi disconnects while device asleep

(Topic created on: a month ago)
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
Anyone else have the issue of wi-fi sporadically disconnecting while phone is sleeping and locked

I have Samsung Galaxy A34 brought May 23

Sometimes the wi-fi shows as connected but when I try to access anything requiring Internet it is slow and eventually times out and the ! appears next to wi-fi
Other times the ! appears next to wi-fi immediately after unlocking
Only happens sporadically as messages and notifications are sometimes received while device is asleep

I tried sending error reports to Samsung but that is a waste of time because they either take too long to respond and then ask if the issue persists or say there is not enough detail
5 REPLIES 5
kettle789
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately this seems to be an issue with the A34 model. I had the same issue: (1) Galaxy A34 5G keeps disconnecting from wifi after waking - Samsung Community

So do others: Galaxy A34 5g Wi-Fi issue - Samsung Members(1) A34 connectivity issues : samsunggalaxy (reddit.com)

I sent my phone for warranty repair but they just sent it back saying there's nothing wrong with it. So now I'm stuck with a £299 phone that keeps disconnecting. I was sold a faulty handset and Samsung will not take responsibility. I will never buy another Samsung phone.

0 Likes
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
Still contemplating going to an experience store but maybe there is no point. Looked at trading in but there seemed to be no option to get another A series phone
0 Likes
DrWage
Navigator
Options

"I tried sending error reports to Samsung but that is a waste of time because they either take too long to respond and then ask if the issue persists or say there is not enough detail"

That's the problem, you can only counter it with more details and refute any counter-argument. I would also recommend that you document the matter. There's basically no reason why you shouldn't make a video for your problem. Should your problem be easily documented on video? You can note any incidence, Monitor signal quality and router log. You have not provided any information about the router model. It could also be that it is a “router problem”. Of course you should check that too. You could possibly test this with a different router or cell phone hotspot, depending on how regularly the problem occurs.

What is important is that you could have an abnormal behavior of a device here. In theory, Samsung MUST react to this and they should do everything they can to do so.

My device is currently being serviced for other reasons. Of course I didn't know what would happen, but if you think about experiences with other services. Send in a device 3 to 4 times so that they can fix the error after 6 months. Not unusual, let's see whether Samsung manages to be better or worse here

0 Likes
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
The router is a new style TalkTalk one. No idea of any other details. I did not think it would be router issue because other devices I have appear to stay connected. A Motorola moto E5 play, few years old and a Samsung Tablet, over 10 years old.
DrWage
Navigator
Options

"The router is a new style TalkTalk one"

Then I would strongly recommend checking it out. Because normally you have all the log files on the router that record the wifi login/logout of devices. How you interpret that is the other question. You could see a lot there and your entire problem may already be documented in the router logs already, depending on the router model.

Simply log in to the router interface and look around. What you should be able to do. Because that often helps with many problems. You should know at least the model number of the router in my opinion.

Grützi

0 Likes